Windows 10: PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

Discus and support PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Okay So I Came across a Observation and I dont Know If that is a Expected Behaviour or a Fault So Im Asking the Community as i didnt find any Such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anurag sarkar, Mar 2, 2024.

1. PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

Okay So I Came across a Observation and I dont Know If that is a Expected Behaviour or a Fault So Im Asking the Community as i didnt find any Such article Over Internet So Sometimes When Theres a Power Cut While PC Was Turned on I Dont Have UPS. Next time I would turn On Power Switch again and Press the CPU Power Switch, The CPU Wont Turn on Like No Power Comes into the CPU Not Always Mostly in Case of Loose Connections or Sudden Power Cut . And Then Plugging Unplugging Nothing works But I have another SMPS Power Cord as a Spare . I Plug that Power Cord into the CPU SPMS By Removing the

:)

Anurag sarkar, Mar 2, 2024
  2. Smitty W. Win User

Unplugging power cord and holding the power button. PC won't turn on

Okay so I attempted to fix a Windows 10 usb problem by following a month old forum. The instructions were:

1. Unplug the power cord from desktop computer.
    2. Hold in the on/off button for approx. 10 seconds until the light goes off. This kills the reserve power.
    3. Unplug all of your USB cords from the back of your machine as well as any flash drive or any other USB
      device that is plugged into your computer.
    4. Insert the power plug back into your computer and power it up. Allow it to completely load everything
      that it needs to before you do anything else.
    5. Now start plugging your USB devices back into your computer one at a time while waiting for them to
      indicate that they are recognized. Do this with each one of your devices until all have been recognized.
    6. Now right/click on computer or This PC and choose Manage / Device Manager /USB Serial Controllers and
      check to see if any of them have the yellow tag. They should not have if the problem is corrected.

Unfortunately I only got to Step 4, when I press the power button nothing turns on. So now I'm at a complete loss. The only thing that seems to turn on though, would be the lights to my led keyboard when I plug it in. Anyways, how do I fix/turn on my PC again?

Here's a link to the forum: Unknown USB device in Windows 10

Smitty W., Mar 2, 2024
  3. Zeeba# Win User
    My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Mar 2, 2024
  4. ASKNiko Win User

PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

Pc wont turn on

I'm sorry to hear that your PC isn't turning on. Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Check the power source: Make sure your PC is plugged into a working power outlet and that the power cable is securely connected to both the PC and the outlet.
    2. Test the power cable: If possible, try using a different power cable to see if the issue is with the cable itself. Alternatively, you can try using the current power cable with a different device to ensure it's functioning properly.
    3. Check the power supply: If your PC has a separate power supply unit (PSU), make sure it's switched on (if applicable) and that all connections from the PSU to the motherboard are secure.
    4. Reset the power supply: Sometimes the power supply can get stuck in a "protective" state, preventing the PC from turning on. To reset it, turn off the PC, unplug the power cable, and hold down the power button for about 15 seconds. Then plug the power cable back in and try turning on the PC.
    5. Check for hardware issues: If the above steps didn't resolve the issue, it's possible that a hardware component is causing the problem. In this case, you may need to consult a professional technician or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.
    Remember to prioritize your safety while troubleshooting. If you're unsure or uncomfortable with any of the steps, it's best to seek professional help.

ASKNiko, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

1. PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped - Similar Threads - Wont Turn Until

2. PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Wont Turn Until Power Cord Swapped: Okay So I Came across a Observation and I dont Know If that is a Expected Behaviour or a Fault So Im Asking the Community as i didnt find any Such article Over Internet So Sometimes When Theres a Power Cut While PC Was Turned on I Dont Have UPS. Next time I would turn On...
  3. If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off

If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off: If I unplug the power cord the pc goes off it says 0% available windows 11 Lenovo pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-unplug-the-power-cord-the-pc-goes-off/44d424cf-91ab-4634-b3e2-3d25bcb816a7
  4. Windows wont load until i turn off and turn on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont load until i turn off and turn on my pc: I have windows 8.1 pro installed on my laptop, i installed it very recently but everytime i turn on my laptop it would just show the company logo until i restart it after i restart it, it loads windows normally. Also everytime i restart the laptop while it is in windows it...
  5. Windows wont load until i turn off and turn on my pc

Windows wont load until i turn off and turn on my pc: I have windows 8.1 pro installed on my laptop, i installed it very recently but everytime i turn on my laptop it would just show the company logo until i restart it after i restart it, it loads windows normally. Also everytime i restart the laptop while it is in windows it...
  6. power cord replacement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    power cord replacement: where do i purchase ew power cord https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord-replacement/d4df5660-b3c2-45c7-ad25-20ca99c5a3b6
  7. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  8. Universal power cord

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Universal power cord: I had to purchase a universal power cord for my Dell laptop. It plugs in but won't charge. Any way I can get the laptop to charge??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/universal-power-cord/ec366f36-ccc6-4119-8239-570738282c95
  9. Power Cord

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Cord: My puppy chewed my power cord. How do I find out where the info is on what type my computer is and what type of cord I need so I can order another power cord? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/8233434f-97a6-4b3d-b9d7-a5f9ee2e9cd8
  10. Rca 2in1tablet power cord.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rca 2in1tablet power cord.: I need to replace the power cord on my RCA 2in1 tablet, but am having a hard time finding one to fit. Tried two different universal cords from Walmart and neither fit correctly to start charging. Any suggestions?...