Windows 10: PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.

Discus and support PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC keeps freezing out after leaving unattended ie wont wake up from a sleep mode -checked sleep settings -Always have to do a hard reboot. seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nav.Man., Nov 21, 2020.

1. Nav.Man. Win User

PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.

My PC keeps freezing out after leaving unattended ie wont wake up from a sleep mode -checked sleep settings -Always have to do a hard reboot. seems to also be an issue with Citrix connections ?

:)

Nav.Man., Nov 21, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 21, 2020
  3. newguy24 Win User
    New PC wont sleep

I have set in the properties on the PC to sleep after 25min...hard disk turn off after 30min and monitor shutoff after 30min....but for some reason it wont do it.....im wondering why, just don't want to have PC running all day for no reason....running windows 7....sometimes i would like it to continue a download i will be downloading so i may have to disable it now and then but for the most part rather it just go into sleep mode.

any ideas why it wont SLEEP! lol

newguy24, Nov 21, 2020
  4. PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.

sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode.

1. PC wont unlock - needs hard reboot after period of inactivity - no time set on sleep mode. - Similar Threads - wont unlock needs

2. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  3. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity: About a week-ish ago there was an auto update ? for Windows 10 and it logged me out of my work/ institution email and I couldn't access any related application, I had to delete my profile and manually sign in again, but then I realized that leaving my laptop inactive for...
  4. Sleep mode after a few seconds of inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. No password prompt after period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  6. No password prompt after period of inactivity

No password prompt after period of inactivity: My computer doesn't automatically lock.I have tried all possible settings and it does not lock after a period of inactivity unless I restart my computer.If I leave my laptop unused for a day and then turn it on, it automatically displays content exactly how i left it. This...
  7. Windows 11 Power > Sleep settings not working - PC will not go into sleep mode after set times

Windows 11 Power > Sleep settings not working - PC will not go into sleep mode after set times: Hi, Just got a brand new PC and upgraded to Windows 11 as part of the setup. On Windows 11 the PC will not go into sleep mode. I have tried several suggestions but don't want to change much since a brand new PC with little change or installs. Is this a know bug and will MS...
  8. pc wont sleep after the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc wont sleep after the first time: WINDOWS 10 I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i...
  9. pc wont sleep after the first time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc wont sleep after the first time: I've built this Pc back in June and back then it wouldn't go to sleep at all. i fixed that issue by disabling a bunch of stuff like keyboard mouse and network adapters. now i got a new problem on my hand. my pc goes to sleep just fine the first time but when i wake it up i...
  10. Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Crash (hard reboot) after coming OUT of Sleep mode: Purchased refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 SFF came with Win7. Performed update to Win10. I only use this machine for watching tv in a spare room, so no important data. No extra software / bloatware / antivirus / etc is installed on it. Only USB device is an IR receiver...