Windows 10: PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs

Discus and support PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Starting on January 10, my PC would no longer wake from overnight sleep. If it went to sleep during the day for just an hour or two, I could awaken it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eksy61, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Eksy61 Win User

PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs

Starting on January 10, my PC would no longer wake from overnight sleep. If it went to sleep during the day for just an hour or two, I could awaken it just fine. But if it slept overnight, it would freeze upon awakening, with a blank screen and nonresponsive to keyboard and mouse.
    I have Windows 10 Home version 1903.
    WhoCrashed analyzed the dumps and for each of these crashes, it found the same thing:

"On Fri 17-Jan-20 3:23:15 AM GMT your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\011720-99171-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFF998AAD054060, 0xFFFF870F1D0DF8B0, 0xFFFF998AC14D3B10)
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. "

That's just one of many. Note that the time indicated (3:15 AM GMT) is when the computer went to sleep. So evidently there is a problem when the computer goes to sleep that prevents it from waking up the next morning.

I also ran WinDBG to try to isolate the cause, and it said this:

1: kd> !analyze -v
    *******************************************************************************
    * Bugcheck Analysis *
    *******************************************************************************

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
    A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
    Arguments:
    Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time
    Arg2: ffffcf0ff6857060, Physical Device Object of the stack
    Arg3: ffff958f612298b0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
    Arg4: ffffcf001baf9010, The blocked IRP

Can anyone help me figure out what's going on here?

:)

Eksy61, Jan 19, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Jan 20, 2020
  3. zukisocks Win User
    Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

Vista wont wake up from sleep mode

my problem was first I couldnt get Vista to sleep - then I clicked start, sleep and off it went - now it wont wake up despite me pressing any key or shaking the mouse vigourously.

Has it had so long without sleep it is down for 14 hours like when I have a mad night out hee hee. Seriously - can somebody help please???? I have only had the PC for a few weeks so its brand new factory settings. I tried the power management thing first and it is set for 20 minutes if that helps. So its not the Vista settings thats the problem. I have two PCs in my house. I am on my Windows Xp machine now which wakes up easily with a little shake of the mouse. but the other is still asleep zzzzzz *Cry :cry:

zukisocks, Jan 20, 2020
  4. PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs

1. PC won't wake from overnight sleep. Need help with WhoCrashed outputs - Similar Threads - won't wake overnight

2. Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep: Hello,I have a Lenovo X1 carbon 7th gen and started encoutering the BSOD timeout when it wakes up from overnight sleep. I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago but thought it got fixed after I updated BIOS and Intel Mangement Firmware 12.0 the lenovo support page said those...
  3. Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows BSOD win32k_power_watchdog_timeout on waking up from overnight sleep: Hello,I have a Lenovo X1 carbon 7th gen and started encoutering the BSOD timeout when it wakes up from overnight sleep. I had a similar situation 2 weeks ago but thought it got fixed after I updated BIOS and Intel Mangement Firmware 12.0 the lenovo support page said those...
  4. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  5. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  6. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  8. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  9. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834