Windows 10: PC Won't Wake from Sleep

Discus and support PC Won't Wake from Sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bellybutun, Feb 9, 2020.

1. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

Hiya,

For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again.

When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to what sounds like 100%, and the lights go on, but there is no display and will stay like this until I force restart the system.

I've studied computing and am fairly adept with hardware etc. but I cannot for the life of me work this out. Nor can Google apparently. I've tried fiddling with power settings, updating every driver imaginable, and don't think there were any hardware changes at the time this occurred so I'm stumped.

If anyone knows what the issue could be and wishes to help it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance PC Won't Wake from Sleep :)

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
    GPU: GTX 1070 ti
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
    Storage: (CPC Won't Wake from Sleep :) 250gb M.2 NVMe Samsung SSD

submitted by /u/bellybutun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bellybutun, Feb 9, 2020

2. my computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep

these computer won`t wake up after goes to sleep ?

oscarperezvc, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Feb 9, 2020
  4. zukisocks Win User

PC Won't Wake from Sleep

Sleep Mode... It won't wake up!

computer wont wake up in Vista

thanks, The problem was that on hitting ESC or any key on the keyboard wont wake up the PC either. This seems to be a common problem with Vista from the posts here.
    When I pressed the power button funnily enough, it woke up - then I disabled the mouse ability to wake up as you said. I am not sure what the difference is between hibernate and sleep mode. I pressed start and hit sleep last time, perhaps this time I will try hitting hibernate instead. Mind I shouldnt have to do this then I am manually putting it in hibernate or sleep - isnt it supposed to go into sleep mode itself?
    Sometimes I am glad I still have Wndows XP and my other PC hee.

zukisocks, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

PC Won't Wake from Sleep

1. PC Won't Wake from Sleep - Similar Threads - Won't Wake Sleep

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Pc waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc waking from sleep: So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up but nothing works. Powercfg lastwake shows type: fixed feature and source: power button. But, I'm sure it's not happening...
  5. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  6. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  7. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  8. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  9. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...
  10. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Won't Wake From Sleep: Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems. I 89834