Windows 10: PC Won't Wake From Sleep

Discus and support PC Won't Wake From Sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on. Have turn pc off and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rcten, Jul 25, 2017.

1. rcten Win User

PC Won't Wake From Sleep

Las two weeks, when I hit any key or mouse, PC will not wake from sleep shows black monitor but its green light is on.
    Have turn pc off and restart which starts without any problems.
    I

:)

rcten, Jul 25, 2017
  2. Crisdvr Win User

Windows 10 Menu - Text Scrambled/Missing and can't wake up from standby.

I've tried all the methods described. The PC still won't wake up from sleep.

Crisdvr, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Wakeup from sleep still uncontrollable (Windows 10, 64-bit)

Of course it won't wake up when you shut it down. Shutting a PC down means totally killing all processes. That's what sleep mode is for, and that's why the PC will only wake up when on sleep mode.

After all you can't wake a dead person, can you? same goes for computers.

41b7e499-3b9f-4586-8870-39e442f06dde, Jul 25, 2017
  4. PC Won't Wake From Sleep

Hi rcten.

Just to ensure your computer is not actually in hibernation and is failing to awake from it, would you mind trying to disable hibernation and see if that corrects the situation.

Command prompt(admin) enter the folllowing

powercfg -h off

Shutting off hibernation also disables Windows Fast Startup but this is just a test. To turn hibernation on, same command but change off to on

the command

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

will list all devices that system thinks can wake it.

Another item you may wish to try is to reset your power plan back to defaults. Then restart computer and customize back to your preferences.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Jul 26, 2017
Thema:

PC Won't Wake From Sleep

1. PC Won't Wake From Sleep - Similar Threads - Won't Wake Sleep

2. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  3. Monitor won't wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor won't wake from sleep: Split from this thread. After 23H2 update, my monitor won't wake when the PC does, it takes about 2-3 minutes after a few beeps.The BIOS for the MSIB560M-A PRO MB is uptodate and the latest drivers for the Geforce 750Ti are installed and yet the problem persists.Noticed power...
  4. Pc waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc waking from sleep: So, I have this problem where my pc immediately wakes itself up from sleep. I have done everything like powercfg, power management to disable wake up but nothing works. Powercfg lastwake shows type: fixed feature and source: power button. But, I'm sure it's not happening...
  5. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: After my PC goes to sleep it won't wake up no matter which button I press when I'm trying to resume my work. The only option is to restart the PC by pressing the Power button. Please, pay attention to this issue as it is going on for months and many other users have...
  6. Computer won't wake from Sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't wake from Sleep.: My computer won't wake from sleep. It is a clean install of windows Ver 1909 Build 18363.836. I have reinstalled several times. When I move the mouse or use the keyboard the power light stop blinking comes on steady, the fans start up, it checks the DVD player, the activity...
  7. PC Won't Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Won't Wake from Sleep: Hiya, For the last few months at least (can't remember when it started), after putting my computer to sleep, or it happening by itself, it doesn't wake up again. When asleep, the light flashes as it should, but when I press the power button/keyboard, the fans spin up to...
  8. PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep: Intermittent: Hello Problem do come and go. Now more frequent. PC won't wake up from the sleep mode. - I did check all the mouse and keyboard setup to allow to wake up - I did setup the BIOS to enable it. - I did repair some Windows file using SFC /scannow Since yesterday, I'M not even...
  9. PC won't wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't wake up from sleep mode: Did look trough the forum, but no solution PC won't respond from mouse or keyboard when in sleep mode. Did unchecked and rechecked the USB device "allow the device to wake up" Pressing the power switch will restart pc in a fresh boot-up, All files closed. No error message....
  10. Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse won't wake PC from sleep: Up until recently, I have either put my laptop to sleep or let it go to sleep at the end of the day. The next morning I would hit either the mouse or keyboard (probably mostly the esc key just because it's sort of prominent at the corner). Some time recently, I haven't been...