Windows 10: PC wont wake up properly from sleep

Discus and support PC wont wake up properly from sleep in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For some reason, Whenever I let my pc sleep for a long time, it comes back from sleep in a bad state. The keyboard is not functioning, and I cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hacktivator, Jul 6, 2021.

1. PC wont wake up properly from sleep

For some reason, Whenever I let my pc sleep for a long time, it comes back from sleep in a bad state. The keyboard is not functioning, and I cant shutdown it keeps the pc alive while the monitor goes into normal shutdown. At that point the only solution is to hard shutdown by using the power button.This all thing happens only for long time sleeps.If the pc is asleep for a few minutes, it would go up normal. Not only that, but if I tell it to go to sleep in the bad state, and then wake him up, it works again.I tried driver updates, but nothing is not up to date.Any idea why it happens?I turned

:)

Hacktivator, Jul 6, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

PC wont wake up properly from sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Jul 6, 2021
  3. DonnaP Win User
    mouse/keyboard wont wake pc

Hi Dalchina My mouse (logitech) and Keyboard (dell) are both wireless. I have a Dell desktop all in one (no box) I have checked to see that the mouse and keyboard are checked to wake up the pc. It wont come off the black sleep screen. I hope I have followed instructions properly.

DonnaP, Jul 6, 2021
  4. PC wont wake up properly from sleep

Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

PC wont wake up properly from sleep

1. PC wont wake up properly from sleep - Similar Threads - wont wake properly

2. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  3. PC not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not waking up from sleep: I have an HP Pavilion All in One running Windows 11. It is set to go to sleep after 20 minutes of non use - setting as delivered. It has suddenly started to not wake up when pressing a keyboard key and I have to resort to forced power off and power up again. I have checked in...
  4. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  5. Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 wont wake up from sleep.: I upgraded to windows 11 today and I am having some problem with it. When I put the PC on sleep mode for almost 25-30 mins and then try to wake it, it gets stuck, it remains in sleep even after i open the lid, press the power key,etc.Then I have to hard restart it to get back...
  6. Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 wont wake up from sleep: OS- Windows 10 Home x64 bit - Version 20H2 Machine - Desktop PC IntelR Core2 Duo CPU E4600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHzMemory - 4GB RAMWhen put to sleep i.e by selecting start-Power-sleep the machine goes to sleep but does not wake up when I move the mouse or tap a key on Keyboard.I...
  7. my pc wont wake up from sleep mode

my pc wont wake up from sleep mode: ok so basically when i put my pc into sleep mode when i try to wake it up by clicking the mouse or using the key board the pc wakes up but nothing on the screen happens. when i look at my pc it looks like its turning on and off over and over again but nothing happens. i have...
  8. Computer Wont wake up from sleep

Computer Wont wake up from sleep: I updated my laptop HP Stream Laptop while updating the computer to finish its update in sleep mode. After this was finished the laptop was stuck in sleep mode. I hard reset the computer and it launched fine. After further observations looking through the logs on the update...
  9. My PC rarely wakes from sleep properly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My PC rarely wakes from sleep properly.: So for the past month or so, my PC started this thing where in the morning I would wake up and click my mouse, keyboard, whatever to wake my PC from sleep; but the monitors would stay black even though the click sound my PC makes when you turn it on still happens, as does all...
  10. Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC wont wake up from sleep: after a fresh install of Windows 10 on a Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD i cant seem to get my computer to wake. i have my mouse (Logitech g700s) currently plugged in with USB cable and a 2.4ghz wireless keyboard. after i put the computer to sleep i cant seem to wake it. my only...