Windows 10: Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day

Discus and support Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi. Recently one of our pc started to act up and once per day gave a blue screen or the screen goes black and some connected devices to him gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bogtheman, Nov 11, 2020.

1. bogtheman Win User

Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day

Hi. Recently one of our pc started to act up and once per day gave a blue screen or the screen goes black and some connected devices to him gets disconected - connect disconnect sound. I was able to get the name of the BSOD error but reading about it had no real reason or i could not find it myself. I have used the V2 Log creator and maybe i could get some help from you guys

Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day [​IMG]
    DESKTOP-FUK0C9S-(2020-11-11_06-33-16).zip

:)

bogtheman, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Nov 11, 2020
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day :)

cplpro, Nov 11, 2020
  4. axe0 Win User

BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot

Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    An easy way to get remove these drivers is by using a restore point prior the installation.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Thema:

1. Pc working fine until recenty BSOD once per day - Similar Threads - working fine until

2. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  3. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  4. BSOD per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD per day: 070321-8953-01.dmp - Google Drive i try to use v2 log collector,however,there is a error message in cmd : Get-MpPreference : The term 'Get-MpPreference' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or...
  5. Getting a BSOD about once per day

Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  6. Ongoing BSODS and crashes, once a day then works fine

Ongoing BSODS and crashes, once a day then works fine: Hi all, I'm running on Windows 10 Home 64 bit (10.0, Build 19042). A lot of my build is on my profile, I can't remember what RAM my PC is using. I've been experiencing some real problems lately: black screening, FPS throttling, sound stuttering after launching a game. This...
  7. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  8. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I...
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...
  10. BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot

BSOD once a day, then fine after reboot: Hey I'm getting a BSOD once a day or every time my computer has been turned off for longer than just a reboot. When the computer reboots after the BSOD it runs just fine with no incidents until the next time its turned off for a bit. IIRC it started after x version...