Windows 10: PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

Discus and support PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a used PC which came with Windows 10 Pro. I added an ssd and upgraded to Windows 11 on the ssd. The PC works with Windows 11. However, the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MLChow, Feb 3, 2023.

1. MLChow Win User

PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

I bought a used PC which came with Windows 10 Pro. I added an ssd and upgraded to Windows 11 on the ssd. The PC works with Windows 11. However, the PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

:)

MLChow, Feb 3, 2023
  2. ASRockIQ Win User

PC doesn't Boot without OLD IDE HDD?

hello, i am currently working on my Step Sisters PC. i wanted to back up her Files via Network but it was 19GB worth so i had to hook up the HDD to my PC. i notice it would only boot with that HDD and not my HDD with Vista on it. i have set in BIOS under IDE Config. set to [IDE]. strange that even WHEN i chose my HDD it still wouldn't boot and said please select boot device then reboot. i am confused here. what do i have set up wrong? after backing things up i had to reconnect my old 74GB IDE HDD and then it booted my HDD with my OS. this is awfully weird. although in the Manual there is a option to install Vista for SATA HDDs if you have ACHI selected. with that i would have to reinstall OS but i don't want to do that.

ASRockIQ, Feb 3, 2023
  3. gygabite Win User
    Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, Feb 3, 2023
  4. PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

1. PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that? - Similar Threads - boot removed old

2. PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?: I bought a used PC which came with Windows 10 Pro. I added an ssd and upgraded to Windows 11 on the ssd. The PC works with Windows 11. However, the PC would not boot if I removed the old hdd. Why can't I do that?...
  3. Why can't I boot into my new Pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I boot into my new Pc: Just built a new pc and it boots but when I use a windows flash drive it sits at "this might take a few minuets". Its been like that for 17 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-boot-into-my-new-pc/2447e9b2-bf11-4d33-bfc4-88c8e936c222
  4. Why can't I boot into my new Pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why can't I boot into my new Pc: Just built a new pc and it boots but when I use a windows flash drive it sits at "this might take a few minuets". Its been like that for 17 hours. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-boot-into-my-new-pc/2447e9b2-bf11-4d33-bfc4-88c8e936c222
  5. How would I reset my PC if it can't boot into Windows?

How would I reset my PC if it can't boot into Windows?: My PC can't boot into Windows 10 due to a corrupted registry. It shows the "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR" bluescreen error after a few seconds on the spinning dots screen with the logo. I've tried the sfc /scannow command returns an error "Windows Resource Protection found...
  6. How would I reset my PC if it can't boot into Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I reset my PC if it can't boot into Windows?: My PC can't boot into Windows 10 due to a corrupted registry. It shows the "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_ERROR" bluescreen error after a few seconds on the spinning dots screen with the logo. I've tried the sfc /scannow command returns an error "Windows Resource Protection found...
  7. How would I reset my PC if it can't boot into Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?: I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option,...
  9. Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?

Why can't I remove old partitions from previous Windows boot disk?: I have 2 SSDs in my laptop. I fresh installed Windows on what was previously my D drive. My old C drive still has EFI System and Recovery partitions and I can find no way to remove them. I've tried disk management, when I right-click the partition there is only help option,...
  10. How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How would I delete the OS from old cloned HDD?: Hello I recently upgraded my Dell inspiron 3650 to an SSD leaving me a 1TB drive to use as storage, which I did and it worked great for about 2 weeks and then i started to notice small glitches in my system until finally my Bluetooth just quit working all together. So after 4...