Windows 10: PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

Discus and support PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am using a HP Notebook model "hp 15-bs1xx" , but I am experiencing a issue there. I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.836. Window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Peeyush Gautam TrueCoder, May 22, 2020.

1. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

I am using a HP Notebook model "hp 15-bs1xx" , but I am experiencing a issue there. I am using windows 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.836. Window shows that 16% battery is remaining but after few seconds it automatically shutdown without any battery low warning. And also, when I plug in my AC adapter, after sometime the charging LED turns from yellow to white in this model, white must LED must mean that it is fully charge but windows still shows it is charging. I have already tried reinstalling battery drivers.

How to solve this?

Thanks in advance

:)

Peeyush Gautam TrueCoder, May 22, 2020

2. Laptop charging but not increasing battery charged percentage

My HP Probook 4530s (Windows) can charge when it is shut down but cannot increase the battery charged percentage while charging when it is on (although it shows that the charger is plugged in and charging).

Why is this happening and how I can make it show the current battery charged percentage again?

Newtonsmith, May 22, 2020
  3. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 22, 2020
  4. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, May 22, 2020
Thema:

PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue

1. PC wrong battery percentage and charging issue - Similar Threads - wrong battery percentage

2. Battery percentage issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery percentage issue: Charging the laptop increases the percentage. Suppose I have charged 90%, then unplugged the charger and using laptop, but the charge percentage does not decrease 90% stays on....... Laptop turns off after 4-5 hours of using probably out of charge Then I plugged the charger...
  3. Battery percentage issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery percentage issue: Charging the laptop increases the percentage. Suppose I have charged 90%, then unplugged the charger and using laptop, but the charge percentage does not decrease 90% stays on....... Laptop turns off after 4-5 hours of using probably out of charge Then I plugged the charger...
  4. Battery Percentage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery Percentage: I want the battery charge percentage visible while charging without taking the pointer to the icon. Is that feature already in Win10 or not?If not please take my suggestion and make an update. This is not a major issue, it's just that I am always worried I might keep the...
  5. Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Server 2016 showing BATTERY percentage & charging????: Looks like after installing some updates, Windows Server 2016 Standard begin showing BATTERY in lower right corner of task bar, with actual animation of battery charging. Lol & ****? :BTW: It's fully blown RACK SERVER with 16 disks in RAID10 array, XEON CPU, redundant power...
  6. Battery percentage issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery percentage issue: [ATTACH] Hello Team, - I faced this battery issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage-issue/1fd8ddc2-2579-454e-ac4e-3de79e4c2736
  7. Wrong display of Battery percentage in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wrong display of Battery percentage in Windows 10: I recently noted that my laptop's charging indicator light is not turning white as it does when its fully charged so I opened it and saw that the battery wont charged full above 87%. Today it got more complicated as it shows 0% after 2 hours of charging while I am typing...
  8. battery percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    battery percentage: after updating to 1809 my battery percentage does not not change from 100% nor doed percentage show in taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-percentage/c870e216-a100-4c31-ac0b-665f3b954b17
  9. Battery percentage showing wrong.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery percentage showing wrong.: When ever i hover over my pointer on my battery icon it's shows 1% extra than it's actual battery percentage. I also try to uninstall the battery drivers but still facing issue....
  10. Battery icon showing wrong percentage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery icon showing wrong percentage: I installed win10 v1803 directly on my brand new laptop 'HP 15q-bu038tu' Laptop came with freedos, no os was pre-installed, Battery Icon is showing wrong percentage , i.e. it always shows 1% less than real as shown in screenshot [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peeyush truecoder