Windows 10: PC Xbox app won’t launch games

Discus and support PC Xbox app won’t launch games in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wanted to play ark on my pc but it’s e Microsoft version. When I try to launch it I get an error message that says “This app can’t open check the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VeggieHater9, Oct 6, 2020.

1. PC Xbox app won’t launch games

I wanted to play ark on my pc but it’s e Microsoft version. When I try to launch it I get an error message that says “This app can’t open check the windows store fir more info about ARK: Survival Evolved”. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the Xbox app, resetting the apps and terminating them in settings, and even reinstalling ark itself but nothing seems to work. I also noticed that when I type Xbox into the windows search bar the Xbox companion and Xbox app show up but the logo for each of them is not there. Instead it shows a what looks liked a file or document, but I can still lunch these apps themselves just not the actual game. I feel like the problem is linked to not being able to see the app icons because they both started today it i am unsure. Any help is appreciated.

Application icons missing

Error message I am receiving when I press play

submitted by /u/VeggieHater9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VeggieHater9, Oct 6, 2020

2. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Cheri F Win User
    Xbox app closes on launch

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately...

• Has any new software or hardware been added recently? No.
    • Did you also change any settings prior to this issue? No.
    • Is there any error message? None.
    • For the Xbox app issue, have you also tried the suggestions posted by Syed Md Bilal in this thread?
      Quite a few people found it helpful. - I did try this (for the Xbox and Photos app) and it made absolutely no difference.
    I'd appreciate any additional suggestions. I'm still unable to use either the Xbox or Photos app. I'd really like to use them.

Cheri F, Oct 6, 2020
  4. PC Xbox app won’t launch games

Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

PC Xbox app won’t launch games

1. PC Xbox app won’t launch games - Similar Threads - Xbox app won’t

2. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  3. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  4. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Game Pass is a service from Microsoft that offers games at a discount, few games are available on the same day, and many games are free. If you have bought the game pass subscription but cannot launch the games on Xbox or PC, this post will help you fix the problem....
  6. Warzone Pacific won’t launch on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Warzone Pacific won’t launch on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Call of Duty Warzone is one of the finest free-to-play first-person shooter games. The game has many fans and players across the world. The gaming communities loved the game and many challenges happen over the internet. Players are reporting that they are unable to...
  7. Why won’t my game launch, I just built this pc and this game won’t launch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why won’t my game launch, I just built this pc and this game won’t launch: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sexyduck12726486 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l22t2i/why_wont_my_game_launch_i_just_built_this_pc_and/
  8. Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC: Hey guys, After i finish downloading games, such as Astroneer and Wargroove on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 i am unable to launch these games. Once i press the PLAY button for any of these games nothing happens, however Sea of Thieves does in fact work. Please Help...
  9. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264
  10. App won’t launch.

in Windows 10 Support
    App won’t launch.: I downloaded the Windwso version 1809 2 days ago. Then I download Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft store yesterday. Now when I try to launch it”Halo” pops up for 1 sec then crashes. I’m having the same Issue with MSI Kombuster. Reinstalling did nothing. Please help 119264

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox on windows wont launch games