Windows 10: PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

Discus and support PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by peterhw100, Jul 2, 2019.

1. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

I have seen similar problems but not quite the same - i.e. PC1 does not even see PC2 - no errors etc. As far as I understand both have sharing enabled, both are 'discoverable' and anything else I have seen referenced. ON PC2 I can also SEE a Windows tablet when connected but haven't tried anything further. Any help appreciated

PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1 13667bfd-fada-4ea4-86ca-267c0e1fd69e?upload=true.jpg

:)

peterhw100, Jul 2, 2019

2. My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off

Ok.. I remembered one detail. Is it problem if i have one microsoft account on both my pc1 and pc2? Also i have same user and pass on both pc1 and pc2? Although untill up to now i dodnt have the long boot time problem

HrvojeReich, Jul 2, 2019
  3. My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off

I need help with slow booting of win10..

1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router

2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router

3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder

3.i have usb disk2 shared via my router

I mapped on my pc1 machine - folders from usb disk1 (via map network drive).

After a while i noticed that my PC1 takes long time to boot, every time my PC2 is shutdown..

On PC1 because of that i disconnected mapped drive.

The same thing happens everytime my PC2 is shutdown..

Please help me, how to fix the problem..It looks like PC1 is somehow trying to connect to my PC2

HrvojeReich, Jul 2, 2019
  4. JoeG314 Win User

PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

How to Deny "ONLY user1 on PC1" access to shared drive C (or specific subfolders) on networked PC2 ?

2016Sep07 (question by )

Hi Community,

This is user . My question is the topic shown on this discussion; which I explain

in more detail below.

My situation is very simple, but I don't know WHAT TO CLICK in Windows Explorer to:

permit different user-access to drives (or different subfolders)

shared by users on 2 Windows networked PC's -- PC1 and PC2.

PC1 is Windows Vista and PC2 is Windows 10.

Let me quickly explain: In general, PC1 and PC2 are on my HomeGroup private network;

and it's generally OK for ALL users from both PC's (PC1 and PC2)

to access all folders on drive C of both PC's; EXCEPT,

if I want to DENY USER1 (on PC1) access to drive C (or just 1 folder, Folder2, and all of it's sub-folders on that drive) on PC2,

then I don't know WHAT TO CLICK in Windows Explorer to accomplish that DENY of access.

My problem is: Whenever I go to PC2, I can't seem to find User1 from PC1, to DENY access for Folder2 on PC2.

So then, when User1 (on PC1) tries to access Folder2 on PC2, they still have access -- along with everyone else.

Everyone else is fine with me; it's just that I want to DENY access ONLY by User1 on PC1 to Folder2 on PC2.

Who can answer that; what is the clicking process to accomplish the preceding?

JoeG314, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1

1. PC1 can NOT see PC2 but PC2 can see PC1 - Similar Threads - PC1 PC2 PC2

2. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  3. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...: When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next day again we start our pc1 folder stop sharing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-sharing-a-folder-from-pc1-to-pc2-it-work-fine/2daa51d5-62b4-4dc5-b139-190b6743d821
  4. When sharing a folder from Pc1 to Pc2 it work fine but when pc1 restart or shutdown next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. KVM not recognizing PC1 monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM not recognizing PC1 monitor: I have a kvm for my work laptop and home desktop. When I switch to home desktop pc2, the monitors work fine. When I switch to the work laptop pc1, one of the monitors occasionally doesn’t register it’s always the same monitor that does not register. Typically, unplugging...
  6. KVM not recognizing PC1 monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KVM not recognizing PC1 monitor: I have a kvm for my work laptop and home desktop. When I switch to home desktop pc2, the monitors work fine. When I switch to the work laptop pc1, one of the monitors occasionally doesn’t register it’s always the same monitor that does not register. Typically, unplugging...
  7. Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2: s possible swap two windows 10 licenses ? Home PC1 and Pro PC2 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-possible-swap-two-windows-10-licenses-home-pc1/b5920a12-8254-4614-9f77-c479e4d3efa4
  8. Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...

Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2...: Homegroup seems to be missing from windows 10, so the how to connect PC1 workgroup with PC2 workgroup/homegroup. All online info is bad waste of time. Ought to work as before, but stuck on network credentials with little more than circular arguments. All setting...
  9. How can I share PC1's drive to PC2 over network without giving "Everyone" access?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I share PC1's drive to PC2 over network without giving "Everyone" access?: I've looked and tried for about two hours and can't seem to figure this out. I have two computers, let's say PC1 and PC2. Both are mine, only one user on each PC. My main drive is on PC1 and I want to share and give full access to only PC2 - no one else on the network. I...
  10. My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off

My PC1 is slow to boot when my PC2 is shut off: I need help with slow booting of win10.. 1.my pc1 is connected via network cable to my router 2. my second pc2C is minix neo win10 media device, connected to same router 3. on that PC2 neo win10 media device i have usb disk1 which has shared movies and series folder 3.i have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why was PC1 not able to connect?

2. why was pc2 not able to connect?

3. laptop finds pc2 but not pc1 on network

4. pc visible on pc1 not on pc2 windows 10,
  5. how do you change computer from pc2 to pc1 sign on