Windows 10: PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

Discus and support PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ngPatricia, Jan 12, 2019.

1. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

I've seen another thread in this forum regarding PCDr (a folder within the ProgramData folder) and a couple of answers suggesting it could be either Dell software or malware. I have a Dell desktop myself, and I looked a bit more carefully at the contents of this folder when I realized that it was occupying about 57 Gigabytes (yes!) in my C drive, leaving my computer almost unusable (I have a relatively small C drive that is a solid state drive, and a bigger D drive). I noticed that essentially *all* of this space was taken up by 'dmp' files from PCDr, from a day in which I was presented a low disk space usage warning (a week ago), which is very intriguing (I am not quite sure whether it was the actual source of the low disk space warning, or a consequence of it).

BTW, other logs within this folder appear to clearly suggest telemetry-related software. Could somebody confirm what software this folder belongs to, how to remove it, and possibly how to report that it must be completely broken -if it can allow its own 'dmp' files to take up that much space- (there were thousands of such files in PCDr/6992). I doubt that this is malware though, since the logs and files offer clear glimpses as to the program's workings. However, there is no way to uninstall via the regular Windows 10 Programs and Apps, as far as I can tell. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! (I've already deleted myself the 'dmp' files, but I want to prevent a new whole bunch from being created).

:)

ngPatricia, Jan 12, 2019
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

ProgramData-filder backup

Hi,

The ProgramData folder is usually located in the C: drive of your device. To locate the ProgramData folder, you can perform the following:

• In File Explorer, click on the View tab.
    • Click on Options.
    • In the Folder Options window, click on the View tab.
    • Under the Hidden files and folders, select Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
    • Click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes after you've performed the steps.

Jelu Cal, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    ProgramData folder what is it?

Hi Kurtis,

The ProgramData specifies the path to the program-data folder (normally C:\ProgramData). Unlike the Program Files folder, this folder can be used by applications to store data for standard users, because it does not require elevated permissions.

The path can be on a volume other than the system drive and should not cause performance loss nor cause confusion to Windows , as long as it meets the following requirements:

• It must be on an NTFS volume.
    • It can’t point to a drive that has a different copy of Windows on it.
    • It can’t contain any serviceable components

Regards.

Mark Ole, Jan 12, 2019
  4. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

Programdata folder with USOPrivate and USOshared folder

On Windows 10 under the C:\Programdata folder I keep seeing the following folders USOPrivate and USOshared. Any idea what they are? Some articles on the net suggest they are malware. please confirm.

Synckronize, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder

1. PCDr taking a huge amount of space in the ProgramData folder - Similar Threads - PCDr taking huge

2. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  3. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space: hello i notice a computer our compagnies that have a 256 GB HDD the windowsApps Folder is taking 190 GB of space some apps are not even installed like HiddenCityMysteryofShadows or DisneyMagicKingdoms etc...the folder is present with different version.so how can i remove...
  4. WindowsApps Folder taking huges amount of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  6. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive: The SSD external harddrive has 4TB space capacity, using around 27gb of space, but there is/are unknown files occupying space. I have tried all possible solutions, deleting folders, show hidden files, etc. I even tried reformat it, however, when I start to transfer files back...
  7. Unknown Space taking up huge amount of space in external hard drive

8. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

other other large folder is taking a HUGE space: when i go to storage i find other folder is taking so much space and when i open the number isn't the same, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-other-large-folder-is-taking-a-huge-space/bdfaf9f7-bc2d-4a94-98c5-70ebccecf9cb
  9. other other large folder is taking a HUGE space

in Windows 10 Customization
    other other large folder is taking a HUGE space: when i go to storage i find other folder is taking so much space and when i open the number isn't the same, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-other-large-folder-is-taking-a-huge-space/bdfaf9f7-bc2d-4a94-98c5-70ebccecf9cb
  10. WSL take huge amount of disk space??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WSL take huge amount of disk space??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/6razyboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7t8lq/wsl_take_huge_amount_of_disk_space/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PCDr folder

2. program data pcdr

3. pcdr folder is large

4. pcdr 6992,
  5. pcdr file in program data folder,
  6. what is PCDr folder windows 10