Windows 10: PCI Device as Removable Device

Discus and support PCI Device as Removable Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CY_94, Jun 12, 2021.

1. CY_94 Win User

PCI Device as Removable Device

Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option here, I dun expect this. I though it is same as my C: and D: treat as internal storage disks. This Crucial P5 shown Twice as inside "This PC" and outside.This is the Policies setting for my Crucial P5. Didn't expect this will be Quick removal option hereThis is the Policies setting for my C: Do not have Quick removal option hereHow to set/configure my E: back to internal disk as my current C: and D:?

:)

CY_94, Jun 12, 2021

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 12, 2021
  3. List of PCI devices

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this will help answer your question, there are many ways for us to check the PCI slots available on the PC, you may refer to the steps below:

Method 1.

Press Windows key + R then type in regedit then hit OK

Locate the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\

By that you can check PCI information.

Method 2.

Press Windows key + R then type in dxdiag then hit OK

On the bottom click Save all information

You may save it to your desktop or anywhere, once done open the saved information to notepad.

Look for System Devices and you will see the list of PCI, on notepad you may also search for PCI by pressing CTRL+ F then type in PCI to check.

Let me know how does it goes, and we have sets of troubleshooting steps here.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, Jun 12, 2021
  4. 7IM
    7im Win User

GPU-Z device list enumeration, device order?

Specifically, how are the the GPUs listed in the drop down sorted, or determined? Vendor and PCI ID? OS hardware device list? Other?

Sorry if this was answered somewhere already. Searching for "GPU LIST ORDER" and like terms were not helpful.

Thanks.

Thema:

1. PCI Device as Removable Device - Similar Threads - PCI Device Removable

2. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  3. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  4. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PCI Device not updatiing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Device not updatiing.: cant update it. I uninstall and install it and it doesnt work. im on windows 11. my system info is OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-HBKCJ2Q System...
  6. Pci device driver

Pci device driver: I have been trying to update my pci device driver on my hp computer and it keeps reading code 18 every time I try to update the driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-device-driver/4d3c9edb-2811-481d-8838-4d5fa7927297
  7. PCI Device Error

PCI Device Error: A few days ago, I did a benchmark stress test with 3DMark and Windows had crashed, then I did a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU and it passed the test with no problems. Now I was playing Dead by Daylight and the game crashes with UE4 error, so I go to Security and...
  8. Device Manager PCI Device Problem

Device Manager PCI Device Problem: Just randomly I saw 3 PCI Device errors in device management and I don't know why. When I click on them they say this: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update...
  9. No PCI device drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No PCI device drivers: I'm trying to install NVIDIA drivers for my GPU and it's not working. I ran a troubleshoot and found I don't have a PCI device driver. I can't find any anywhere and have reinstalled my chipset drivers many times. I'm getting the information: "Device...
  10. List of PCI devices

List of PCI devices: Hello In windows KMDF, I would like to get a list of PCI devices and extract slot information. How can I achieve this? Should I be using IRQ_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE API? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/irp-mn-query-interface Or is there any...