Windows 10: PCI Device Error

Discus and support PCI Device Error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few days ago, I did a benchmark stress test with 3DMark and Windows had crashed, then I did a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU and it passed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xDeluxers, May 1, 2021.

1. xDeluxers Win User

PCI Device Error

A few days ago, I did a benchmark stress test with 3DMark and Windows had crashed, then I did a clean install of the GPU drivers with DDU and it passed the test with no problems. Now I was playing Dead by Daylight and the game crashes with UE4 error, so I go to Security and Maintenance and find a hardware errorPCI Device Error :DescriptionA hardware problem has occurred that prevents Windows from functioning correctly.Issue signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9f8fd88ec460Parameter 2: fffff8043db94ec0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: eb0Operating system version: 10_0_19042Service Pa

:)

xDeluxers, May 1, 2021

2. List of PCI devices

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this will help answer your question, there are many ways for us to check the PCI slots available on the PC, you may refer to the steps below:

Method 1.

Press Windows key + R then type in regedit then hit OK

Locate the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\

By that you can check PCI information.

Method 2.

Press Windows key + R then type in dxdiag then hit OK

On the bottom click Save all information

You may save it to your desktop or anywhere, once done open the saved information to notepad.

Look for System Devices and you will see the list of PCI, on notepad you may also search for PCI by pressing CTRL+ F then type in PCI to check.

Let me know how does it goes, and we have sets of troubleshooting steps here.

Lester

Independent Advisor

Lester BernardReyes, May 1, 2021
  3. Missing pci simple comunication device driver with error code 28

Hi,

The PCI Simple Communications Controller is a generic device driver that handles peripheral devices attached to the computer. To resolve this issues, kindly refer to the questions below:

• Have you tried manually updating the driver for your graphics card?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

You can also refer to this
    Wiki Article
    by Andre Da Costa which shows a step by step guide in updating you device drivers.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, May 1, 2021
  4. Olafchief Win User

PCI Device Error

Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, May 1, 2021
Thema:

PCI Device Error

1. PCI Device Error - Similar Threads - PCI Device Error

2. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices: I have a PC with many PCI slots, the OS is Windows10. If I put my PCI card for motion control into one slot and other slots without any devices, my card works fine. But if I put a network card into another slot and read/write data via this network device, my card will not...
  3. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices: I have a PC with many PCI slots, the OS is Windows10. If I put my PCI card for motion control into one slot and other slots without any devices, my card works fine. But if I put a network card into another slot and read/write data via this network device, my card will not...
  4. Why my PCI device affected by other PCI devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Drivers for PCI Devices

Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  6. Drivers for PCI Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for PCI Devices: Hello guys, I wanted to ask about how do I install the drivers for these PCI Devices? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-for-pci-devices/7c686e35-22a9-4a41-8df2-456286e59c17
  7. PCI Device not updatiing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCI Device not updatiing.: cant update it. I uninstall and install it and it doesnt work. im on windows 11. my system info is OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Home Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name DESKTOP-HBKCJ2Q System...
  8. PCI Device as Removable Device

PCI Device as Removable Device: Hi,I have question about my Crucial P5 m.2 nvme SSD. This port should be internal m.2 slot in my motherboard. But why it will show "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" option here, I dun expect this. I though it is same as my C: and D: treat as internal storage disks....
  9. No PCI device drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No PCI device drivers: I'm trying to install NVIDIA drivers for my GPU and it's not working. I ran a troubleshoot and found I don't have a PCI device driver. I can't find any anywhere and have reinstalled my chipset drivers many times. I'm getting the information: "Device...
  10. List of PCI devices

List of PCI devices: Hello In windows KMDF, I would like to get a list of PCI devices and extract slot information. How can I achieve this? Should I be using IRQ_MN_QUERY_INTERFACE API? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/kernel/irp-mn-query-interface Or is there any...