Windows 10: PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge

Discus and support PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! I've been researching for months and couldn't find a solution to my problem. Scenario: Dell precision 5530->Dell TB16 dock->Akitio Node... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Aletib, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Aletib Win User

PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge

Hi!

I've been researching for months and couldn't find a solution to my problem.

Scenario: Dell precision 5530->Dell TB16 dock->Akitio Node Duo->E-MU 1010 PCIe card which hosts a PCIe-to-PCI bradge: https://www.diodes.com/part/view/PI7C9X111SL?BackID=213

I narrowed down the problem to the pci.sys driver I'm using v10.0.19041.1 WinBuild 160101.0800, but had the problem with previous versions too. It seems to me that the driver isn't allocating resource properly.

I came up to the this conclusion because all linux kernels I tried are able to recognize all the hardware and run it, including the sound card while Windows x64 keeps failing at allocating resources for the PCIe to PCI bridge:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}

EventID 411

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2021-02-20T08:14:09.0264063Z

EventRecordID 1195

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 11832

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Computer DESKTOP-PSN019C

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId PCI\VEN_12D8&DEV_E111&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_02\8&1f1ebe2&0&001000200020000800D8
    DriverName pci.inf
    ClassGuid {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    ServiceName pci
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters
    Problem 0xa
    Status 0xc0000010

Z-PCI tells me that resources can be rebalanced. I tried to go into Device Manager, disable all I could, disable the PCIe bridge device and re-enable but nothing, still exclamation mark and same error.

Here's what I see under Linux:

0d:00.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor PI7C9X111SL PCIe-to-PCI Reversible Bridge rev 02
    0e:04.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs CA0108/CA10300 [Sound Blaster Audigy Series]

0d:00.0 PCI bridge: Pericom Semiconductor PI7C9X111SL PCIe-to-PCI Reversible Bridge rev 02 prog-if 00 [Normal decode]
    Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 128 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 18
    Bus: primary=0d, secondary=0e, subordinate=0e, sec-latency=64
    I/O behind bridge: 00003000-00003fff [size=4K]
    Memory behind bridge: [disabled]
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: [disabled]
    Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- VGA16+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
    PriDiscTmr- SecDiscTmr- DiscTmrStat- DiscTmrSERREn-
    Capabilities: [80] PCI-X bridge device
    Secondary Status: 64bit- 133MHz- SCD- USC- SCO- SRD- Freq=conv
    Upstream: Capacity=16 CommitmentLimit=16
    Downstream: Capacity=16 CommitmentLimit=16
    Capabilities: [90] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PMED0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+
    Capabilities: [a8] Subsystem: Device 0000:0000
    Capabilities: [b0] Express v1 PCI-Express to PCI/PCI-X Bridge, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 512 bytes, PhantFunc 0
    ExtTag+ AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ SlotPowerLimit 0.000W
    DevCtl: CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq-
    RlxdOrd- ExtTag+ PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop- BrConfRtry-
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr+ NonFatalErr+ FatalErr- UnsupReq+ AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    LnkCap: Port #0, Speed 2.5GT/s, Width x1, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <1us
    ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp-
    LnkCtl: ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
    ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
    LnkSta: Speed 2.5GT/s ok, Width x1 ok
    TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive+ BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
    Capabilities: [d8] Vital Product Data

I also tried to disable link state in power options but nothing changed. Any help you can provide?

Please let me know whatever may help in terms of data collection to further analyze.

Thanks!

:)

Aletib, Feb 20, 2021
  2. FrankYeo Win User

PCI - PCI brdige driver update

Where do I get the up to date PCI - PCI Bridge driver

FrankYeo, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Lead3 Win User
    PCI - PCI brdige driver update

You should be able to get it from the computer or motherboard manufacturer.

Why do you believe it needs to be updated?

Lead3, Feb 20, 2021
  4. PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge

PCI-to-PCI Bridge will not allow my PC to sleep longer than 10 seconds, and will turn PC on from shutdown.

We are volunteers willing to help you try to resolve this issue.

PCI bridges allow the system to support added PCI devices and are important to the system. They are the purview of the System/Motherboard Maker so check with their support, online docs and drivers, and in their forum.

The PCI-to-PCI bridge drivers are usually included in the chipset drivers.

Check for updates and install the latest versions. Also, update the BIOS. And check in the BIOS settings.

Please let us know the results and if you need further assistance.

SpiritX MS MVP, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge

1. PCI driver issue: unable to use PCIe to PCI bridge - Similar Threads - PCI driver issue

2. How to correct a transparent bridge issue that appears as "PCI to PCI Bridge" with code 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to correct a transparent bridge issue that appears as "PCI to PCI Bridge" with code 10?: I have a PMC data acquisition card installed on a PCIe to PMC adapter plugged into a thunderbolt chassis. This configuration works fine with a PC but, when I connect it to a laptop, I receive "This device cannot start code 10".The issue appears to be related to the bridge...
  3. How to correct a transparent bridge issue that appears as "PCI to PCI Bridge" with code 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct a transparent bridge issue that appears as "PCI to PCI Bridge" with code 10?: I have a PMC data acquisition card installed on a PCIe to PMC adapter plugged into a thunderbolt chassis. This configuration works fine with a PC but, when I connect it to a laptop, I receive "This device cannot start code 10".The issue appears to be related to the bridge...
  4. How to correct a transparent bridge issue that appears as "PCI to PCI Bridge" with code 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's: Hi,My Windows 11 in Settings > Bluetooth & devices showing other devices connected like below in ss. I really need your help as I got hacked before 1 month ago, I formatted the pc but I am not sure if my PC still clean. I really need your help Microsoft Windows Team!...
  6. Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's

Windows 11 Other Devices - PCI to PCI Bridge and USB's: Hi,My Windows 11 in Settings > Bluetooth & devices showing other devices connected like below in ss. I really need your help as I got hacked before 1 month ago, I formatted the pc but I am not sure if my PC still clean. I really need your help Microsoft Windows Team!...
  7. PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge

PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge: Drivereasy is saying that the driver is out of date, saying from 2006, and trying to update it to AMD IOMMU Device, but it's not worked, no matter what I've tried. I can't find a download for it from Microsoft itself. I am having some other issues and I want to see if...
  8. PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Standard Host CPU Bridge: Drivereasy is saying that the driver is out of date, saying from 2006, and trying to update it to AMD IOMMU Device, but it's not worked, no matter what I've tried. I can't find a download for it from Microsoft itself. I am having some other issues and I want to see if...
  9. PCI memory driver unable to update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI memory driver unable to update: Good morning dear reader.Today I bring a recurring issue with my laptop. Last year I changed my old hdd drive for an ssd card and added a ram stick to my laptop. It ran as it was brand new for some months. A few months ago some issues related with wrong start ups, the...
  10. pci driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci driver.: Hi I cannot for the life of me update my pci driver, the error codes I get are....0000001c. and the usual 28. my op system is windows 10 pro. with i7 2nd gen . The hardware for the pci slot says im using pci\ven_8086&dev_1c3d&subsys_04931025&rev_04...…etc etc..Can anyone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pci device problem code 0000001c