Windows 10: Pci e

Discus and support Pci e in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nightowl17, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Pci e

Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ?

:)

nightowl17, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Olafchief Win User

Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Jun 18, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    PCI-E 2.0 question.

Most PCI-E 2.0 cards will be listed at 2.0 but won't mention anything about supporting or working on older PCI-E 1.x slots.

dark2099, Jun 18, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Pci e

PCI and PCI-E Question

Look for whether the chipset is a native PCI-E chipset or that which is originally PCI that uses PCI-E to PCI bus translation bridge (such as Xonar D2), it steps up latencies when performing ASIO tasks. For normal listening/gaming etc, instead of $150 on Xonar PCI-E, buy a X-Fi Titanium ; avoid that Xtreme Audio PCI-E.

btarunr, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Pci e

1. Pci e - Similar Threads - Pci

2. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  3. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  4. Pci e

Pci e: Can a PCIE card be installed into a PCI connector ? 158885
  5. PCI E card not recognized

PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  6. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  7. I think there is something wrong with my PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think there is something wrong with my PCI Serial Port and PCI Simple Communications...: I got an error for TES: III Morrowind saying S3TC Texture Support error. Please take my word for it on the Texture Support error= S3TC. This comes up only on Morrowind Online or tes3mp. I know there is some type of texture/graphical error going on. The screen gets this pink...
  8. Please help to find a driver for the video PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_22128086

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help to find a driver for the video PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3EA0&SUBSYS_22128086: The customer has bought a couple of this bullshit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZGHZXZC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_d5hVEbH3F9XTW and I have the big troubles now with the LTSB installation. There're a lot of devices that are unknown and haven't drivers. Some pice of onesI've found on...
  9. No PCI device drivers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No PCI device drivers: I'm trying to install NVIDIA drivers for my GPU and it's not working. I ran a troubleshoot and found I don't have a PCI device driver. I can't find any anywhere and have reinstalled my chipset drivers many times. I'm getting the information: "Device...
  10. Please suggest a 5.1 pci or usb sound card for pc

Please suggest a 5.1 pci or usb sound card for pc: hi, i have a motheboard Asus H110M-CS i want to get real surround sound output from my pc, so i need a good sound card, internal or external no matter, please help to find out thanks in advance 157744