Windows 10: PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...

Discus and support PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After a computer restart due to a program crashing, I was not able to set my computer to sleep mode; it just turned off the monitor and signed me out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Man ofHumanity, Oct 14, 2020.

1. PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...

After a computer restart due to a program crashing, I was not able to set my computer to sleep mode; it just turned off the monitor and signed me out. Having run an energy report, the error titled in the subject is the most probable reason why my PC is not going to sleep properly. However, I do not know where to start to re-enable Active-State Power Management and fix this problem with my PCI adapter.

:)

Man ofHumanity, Oct 14, 2020
  2. GWRay Win User

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesPCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known... :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Original Surface - upgraded to Win 10 from 8.1.

Surface will not go into sleep mode.

powercfg /energy reports the following:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesPCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known... :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

Please advise

GWRay, Oct 14, 2020
  3. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesPCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known... :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

my computer e6320 has this issue

PCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) has been disabled due to a known incompatibility with the hardware in this computer.

diagnostics all pass apart from usb 5880 that cant be tested and usbe composite does not go to sleep.

anyone tell me how to work this!

I'm running windows 10

kamleshmistry10, Oct 14, 2020
  4. MI_555 Win User

PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...

PCI express ASPM disabled due to a known hardware incompatibilty

My PC Win 10 cannot sleep or shutdown now, when it was working fine previously.

the power energy report states that

"PCI Express ASPM is disabled due to a known hardware incompatibility."

while I've made sure it is switched on in the Power Plan settings.

I have visited multiple online forums and none of them had any solution to this problem.

P.S I've already tried reinstalling windows, and reverting to restore points.

What is this known hardware incompatibility and what can I do to fix it?

MI_555, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known...

1. PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM has been disabled due to a known... - Similar Threads - PCI Express Active

2. Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...: System - upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10powercfg -energy reports the following two errors:CPU Utilization: Processor utilization is highThe average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor...
  3. Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Platform Power Management Capabilities:PCI Express Active-State Power Management ASPM...: System - upgraded to Windows 11 from Windows 10powercfg -energy reports the following two errors:CPU Utilization: Processor utilization is highThe average processor utilization during the trace was high. The system will consume less power when the average processor...
  4. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled: my notebook battery is drained very fast. Following report generated.please someone suggest changes to improve battery consumption. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-shows-aspm/b2a2bbba-01ec-4142-a1c9-b547d4ee8a0f
  5. Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Efficiency Diagnostics Report shows ASPM disabled: my notebook battery is drained very fast. Following report generated.please someone suggest changes to improve battery consumption. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-efficiency-diagnostics-report-shows-aspm/b2a2bbba-01ec-4142-a1c9-b547d4ee8a0f
  6. Task manager has been disabled by administrator & there are currently no power operation...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task manager has been disabled by administrator & there are currently no power operation...: Whenever I try to open task manager it is showing the message task manager has been disabled by administrator and in the start, power it is showing there are currently no power operation available. It started to happen when I was stuck in an app and I closed the app by using...
  7. Hang upon PCI Express link transition to L1 power state

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hang upon PCI Express link transition to L1 power state: I have a MacBookPro 11,1 model. and am currently running the latest dev channel build, with the same problem in the beta channel build. It would seem that my computer completely hangs, becoming entirely non-responsive and producing no relevant log entries, when it causes an...
  8. PCI Express Root Complex

PCI Express Root Complex: After I downloaded the "PCI Express Root Complex" update, my computer really got screwed up. Is it really necessary to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-express-root-complex/ae358f62-c96c-4f7f-afc2-6d604fb5aa78
  9. PCI express on windows

PCI express on windows: I have tested 15 different PCI-Express display cards on a i3 Gigabyte/intel motherboard with windows 7/8/10 . Windows 7 is the last windows that was capable to handle two or more displays. from windows 8 upwards windows are unable to handle pci-express displays no matter if...
  10. Weird PCI Express port in device manager

Weird PCI Express port in device manager: I have an oldish i5-3550 on an Asus P8Z77-V motherboard with Z77 chipset. Looking at my device manager, there are several "7 Series PCI Express Root Ports" which look fine, and then a "Xeon E3 v2/3rd Gen PCI Express Root Port" (where my graphics card is attached), which seems...