Windows 10: PCI Express card stops working

Discus and support PCI Express card stops working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RudolfBuytaert, Oct 1, 2018.

1. PCI Express card stops working

I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro.

Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card.

The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted.

Now I can no longer see my card ( marvell 91XX) under storage controllers in device management.

Strange: when I remove the card, turn my computer on and off again, and then remount the card and start up again, everything is back to normal.

But when I switch off the computer and later on switch it back on, the storage controller of the card is no longer visible in device management.

I have tried a little bit everything but nothing helps, for sure it has worked for several years without any problem.

The computer configuration has not been changed only the normal windows updates has been executed.

Can You help me out.

Buytaert Rudolf

:)

RudolfBuytaert, Oct 1, 2018

2. usb 3.0 pci express card overheating

Anyone have any experience with overheating usb ports on usb 3.0 pci express cards?

mine overheats during read/write operations. Initially during data transfer to a usb 3.0 thumb drive, the transfer speed is at max, then it overheats, and the transfer speed drops to usb 2.0 speeds or less or even completely stops.

Please help

Choong YeeChow, Oct 1, 2018
  3. badrobot Win User
    4K pci graphics card not express

This is how you take the M.2 SSD out..

PCI Express card stops working [​IMG]

That's the same way to transfer to x1 adapter.

badrobot, Oct 1, 2018
  4. PCI Express card stops working

Need to identify correct pci express socket

Thanks

so I can use this card in one of the other pci Express slots .?

so if I use the pci Express slot on the left side, near the two USB sockets then it looks like the sound card will still present the audio ports at the case side as it would have done with the X1 slot .....does that make sense ?

the video card is I think in a X 16 slot !!

ps the Amazon reviewers comments are a bit old , I think.....checked the website and Windows 10 32 & 64 bit drivers are there.....will check elsewhere for reviews as suggested....but does look good, there is a cheaper version....
    Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

which is 5.1 instead of 7.1......not sure if for gaming it would be as good ?

the link you gave me to pci Express slots was very interesting....thank you.....so my graphic card is in a pci Express 16 slot, hope it uses all 16, if available.....not just 8

reddwarf4ever, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

PCI Express card stops working

1. PCI Express card stops working - Similar Threads - PCI Express card

2. PCI Express Root Complex

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI Express Root Complex: After I downloaded the "PCI Express Root Complex" update, my computer really got screwed up. Is it really necessary to update this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pci-express-root-complex/ae358f62-c96c-4f7f-afc2-6d604fb5aa78
  3. PCI express on windows

PCI express on windows: I have tested 15 different PCI-Express display cards on a i3 Gigabyte/intel motherboard with windows 7/8/10 . Windows 7 is the last windows that was capable to handle two or more displays. from windows 8 upwards windows are unable to handle pci-express displays no matter if...
  4. PCI Express Root Port

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PCI Express Root Port: Hi, I built my windows desktop a few months ago and have never been able to get it to sleep or hibernate. I ran the powercfg -lastwake command and received this back: C:\Windows\system32>powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count...
  5. PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards: I have tried using two different models of these cards, and both were hopeless. Red screens of death were common, even before getting into Windows. They both used a Marvell chipset. Maybe that was the problem. Even booting with with rescue media produced RSODs. Has anyone...
  6. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  7. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Support
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  8. drivers for old graphics card radeon HD3650 pci express

drivers for old graphics card radeon HD3650 pci express: I got the drivers from windows update automatically but it still says that some components are not installed in properties the graphics card is working fine with HYDRAVISION in Windows 7 but i cant install catalyst control center and hydravision in windows 10 it works...
  9. PCI Express X1 USB 2.0 Card with USB 10 Pin

PCI Express X1 USB 2.0 Card with USB 10 Pin: I am looking for a PCI Express X1 USB 2.0 card that has an internal pin out like shown in the attached picture (in yellow). I need this so I can add an extra USB panel to my computer but do not have space left on my board for USB ports. Any recommendations? I prefer X1 type...
  10. Don't overlook the obvious when troubleshooting: PCI Express Card

Don't overlook the obvious when troubleshooting: PCI Express Card: I've got two Lenovo laptops: an X220 Tablet and a T420. Both are the same age, and both include PCI Express slots for adapters. Because the units are old enough to lack USB 3.0, I added a 34mm Startech USB 3.0 adapter to my widgets collection 3-4 years ago. Just recently, the...