Windows 10: PCI express on windows

Discus and support PCI express on windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tested 15 different PCI-Express display cards on a i3 Gigabyte/intel motherboard with windows 7/8/10 . Windows 7 is the last windows that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Henk Venter, Jul 16, 2020.

1. PCI express on windows

I have tested 15 different PCI-Express display cards on a i3 Gigabyte/intel motherboard with windows 7/8/10 . Windows 7 is the last windows that was capable to handle two or more displays. from windows 8 upwards windows are unable to handle pci-express displays no matter if you have the correct drivers from the manufactory. You will be having blinking, black, flickering screens. If you are a gamer rather look at other operating systems like apple Windows are not a gaming operating system anymore there are NO updates or solutions to force your pci express to operate on a windows 8/10 platform

:)

Henk Venter, Jul 16, 2020

2. Is my motherboard is PCI EXPRESS BASED ?

From the manufacturer's spec page (using the link provided by MightyMission):

EXPANSION SLOT
    • 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
    • 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
    • 1 x PCI slot

PCI express on windows G41T-M7_135a.jpg

The orange slot to the right of the heatsink is PCI Express x16 for your graphics card.

Static~Charge, Jul 16, 2020
  3. W1zzard Win User
    First AMD64 PCI-Express board

ABIT has launched the AX8 for Socket939 AMD64 CPUs.
    The board is using the VIA K8T890 Chipset and has the following slots:
    • 1 x PCI-Express X16
    • 3 x PCI-Express X1
    • 2 x PCI slots
    Other features are:
    • 4 SATA Ports
    • Gbit LAN
    • 5.1 Audio

PCI express on windows ax8.jpg

W1zzard, Jul 16, 2020
  4. PCI express on windows

Need to identify correct pci express socket

Thanks

so I can use this card in one of the other pci Express slots .?

so if I use the pci Express slot on the left side, near the two USB sockets then it looks like the sound card will still present the audio ports at the case side as it would have done with the X1 slot .....does that make sense ?

the video card is I think in a X 16 slot !!

ps the Amazon reviewers comments are a bit old , I think.....checked the website and Windows 10 32 & 64 bit drivers are there.....will check elsewhere for reviews as suggested....but does look good, there is a cheaper version....
    Creative Blaster Audigy Fx 5.1 PCIe Sound Card with SBX Pro Studio: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

which is 5.1 instead of 7.1......not sure if for gaming it would be as good ?

the link you gave me to pci Express slots was very interesting....thank you.....so my graphic card is in a pci Express 16 slot, hope it uses all 16, if available.....not just 8

reddwarf4ever, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

PCI express on windows

1. PCI express on windows - Similar Threads - PCI express

2. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3: In response to my previous post about this problem below:WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port - Microsoft CommunityI think I have the solution, and it has to do with PCI-E Native Power Management in the BIOS for Asus Z790 motherboards. The problem goes away if you...
  3. WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port 7AB3: In response to my previous post about this problem below:WHEA-Logger Event 17 - PCI Express Root Port - Microsoft CommunityI think I have the solution, and it has to do with PCI-E Native Power Management in the BIOS for Asus Z790 motherboards. The problem goes away if you...
  4. Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code: My PC at time freezes but the power is still on.I have a code 17 error for PCI express root port.I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers and windows update. Also updated BIOS and other drivers.I have run hardware trouble shooter....
  5. Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code

Windows 11 - WHEA-logger code 17. PCI express root port code: My PC at time freezes but the power is still on.I have a code 17 error for PCI express root port.I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers and windows update. Also updated BIOS and other drivers.I have run hardware trouble shooter....
  6. PCI Express Root Port, Black Screen, WHEA and NVIDIA

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Express Root Port, Black Screen, WHEA and NVIDIA: I've been trying to deal with a problem that started ~a year after purchasing the computer. Initially everything operated with issues, and then one day it started locking up. The symptoms are quite simple, I walk away and come back after some random amount of time and the...
  7. PCI Express Root Port, Black Screen, WHEA and NVIDIA

PCI Express Root Port, Black Screen, WHEA and NVIDIA: I've been trying to deal with a problem that started ~a year after purchasing the computer. Initially everything operated with issues, and then one day it started locking up. The symptoms are quite simple, I walk away and come back after some random amount of time and the...
  8. PCI Express Root Port code 51

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCI Express Root Port code 51: I'm using Windows 11. In my Device Manager, there is a device listed as PCI Express Root Port, with the little exclamation point next to it. It has the most up to date drivers available for it I tried to update them, and that's what it told me, so I checked the device...
  9. PCI Express Root Port code 51

PCI Express Root Port code 51: I'm using Windows 11. In my Device Manager, there is a device listed as PCI Express Root Port, with the little exclamation point next to it. It has the most up to date drivers available for it I tried to update them, and that's what it told me, so I checked the device...
  10. Windows 11 PCI express root port code 10

Windows 11 PCI express root port code 10: I have a code 10 error for PCI express root port.I have uninstalled, reinstalled, updated drivers and windows update. I have run hardware trouble shooter.It won't go away!...