Windows 10: PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

Discus and support PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have tried using two different models of these cards, and both were hopeless. Red screens of death were common, even before getting into Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stigg, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Stigg Win User

PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards

I have tried using two different models of these cards, and both were hopeless. Red screens of death were common, even before getting into Windows. They both used a Marvell chipset. Maybe that was the problem.

Even booting with with rescue media produced RSODs.

Has anyone ever had success with them? If so, what brand and model did you use?

:)

Stigg, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Gpower2 Win User

PCI Express SATA controller (Sil 3132) doesn't work with Windows 10

Thanks for your reply, however it is completely irrelevant.

My problem is with a PCI Express Add on SATA Controller, on which an external e-Sata HDD is plugged.

There is no USB involved.

So, for my case Method 1 did not yield any results, and Method 2 is irrelevant.

Gpower2, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo

Cbarnhorst
    sata 3 pcie cards need pciexpress version 2 .
    Your motherboard has only one pci e 2 and it is for grafiks card.
    The other two are pci express version 1 provided by southbridhe ich9r and limited only to 250mb/sec.
    Your sata 2 ports are 300 mb/secons so you are quicker.

The minimum requirement to run properly a sata 3 pcie card is the chipset x58 whitch provides multiple pcie 2 slots and its line provide 500mb/s (sata 3 provides 600mb/s so the cost is a little).

EdIt:
    Now i found the manual of your motherboard and also your pci e for youur grafiks card it is also 1 version.

boombastik, Mar 28, 2019
  4. bobkn Win User

4K pci graphics card not express

Interesting. Intel doesn't list an m.2 variant of the 750. (As far as I know, they never have.) I have never tried surgery on mine to see what's under its cover.

As for using an m.2 to SATA adapter (I looked; they exist), SATA3 is limited to 6Gbps (750 MBps). That would limit the bandwidth for the Plextor m.2 card, although you may not notice the difference outside of benchmarks. That would still be much less expensive than buying a new SATA SSD.

Later: I see that you actually meant a U.2 drive. If those are usually in a 2.5" package, that looks less plausible for the 750. (not that I'm sure.) At a guess, they're electrically the same, but the slot card may be repackaged. rather than being simply an adapter.

bobkn, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. PCI-Express To SATA III 6Gbps Cards - Similar Threads - PCI Express SATA

2. Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsods on syba 40062 pcie card sata III: I had to install the OS first on native sata ports and then I inserted the pcie card which gives me frequent crashes and does not boot with inaccessible boot device error.I managed to get it started, but every time I have to do a clean install it are problems. In device...
  3. SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.: So I thought I'd throw this out here and get some opinions. My computer recently has been BSODing upon warm reboots, and I noticed that I'm not seeing the ASM1061 Controller card's BIOS screen when restarting, and I'm trying to figure out if I have a failing card or if...
  4. SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.

SATA III Controller Card issue on Warm Reboot.: So I thought I'd throw this out here and get some opinions. My computer recently has been BSODing upon warm reboots, and I noticed that I'm not seeing the ASM1061 Controller card's BIOS screen when restarting, and I'm trying to figure out if I have a failing card or if...
  5. PCI Express card stops working

PCI Express card stops working: I have a desktop Dell XPS 8300 running Window 10 pro. Since a couple of years it has been equiped with a 2+1port SATA III + IDE-PCI Express card. The combination worked perfectly untill a few weeks ago, the computer gets blue screens and restarted. Now I can no longer see...
  6. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  7. 4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express

in Windows 10 Support
    4 k graphic card for pci slot--not express: Hello I have a Hewlett-Packard HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF PC Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) 8 gig DDR3 SDRAM 799MHz Intel Core i3-3220. 240 watts PS. i'm using my pci express slot for my SSD. i'm looking for a 4K graphics card, low profile, cheap of course. if you need more...
  8. SATA III SSD shown as SATA II

SATA III SSD shown as SATA II: Hi everyone.*Nerd I have just noticed that my Intel 520 SSD Drive is showing as SATA II drive. Now, I am aware that it is connected to a SATA2_0 port controlled by native Intel SATA II controller on my mobo and current speed should be 3gb/s. Why does it say though that the...
  9. Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo

Sata III PCI cards for computer with SATA II ports on mobo: I have a DIY box with an Asus P5K-E mobo that provides SATA II ports. I upgraded to a pair of Samsung 850 EVO ssds and naturally got a great speed boost. Now I am getting greedy and thinking about doubling my gains with a SATA III controller card. I have been reading online...
  10. SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card not working after 1709 update

SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card not working after 1709 update: Hi all, I am currently on Windows 10 Pro 1607 and I have 3 HDDs and 1 optic drive plugged into my SATA III PCI-e 2.0 x1 Card. Everything is moving along just fine. I did the painfully long update (not by choice) to 1709. After it completed, this card stopped working...