Windows 10: PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

Discus and support PCI serial port drivers couldn't install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LamWarp, Jun 29, 2020.

1. LamWarp Win User

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't install the drivers either.

I don't know what the PCI serial port could be for? I assume it's for the wifi and Bluetooth card I have in my system. That could also explain why I occasionally get a BSOD that says DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. And 'what failed' was BTHport.sys which I read was a Bluetooth driver.

Is there any way to install the drivers for it? Where can I find them? And will it fix my BSOD problem?

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install 3daa0d13-3e17-42dd-abf9-7cf62774b444?upload=true.png

:)

LamWarp, Jun 29, 2020

2. PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop.
    The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016.
    In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD
    On Wed July 20, did a clean install per
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    and that went well.
    NOTE: The only reason I did the clean install is because I wanted to see how to do that.

However now there is an issue with the PCI Serial Port in Device Manager which wasn’t there before the clean install. I would like to know
    --- What is the PCI Serial Port for?
    --- Is there a PCI Serial Port driver for my system?

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install [​IMG]

Following is the information about it on my computer.

Device Manager > other devices > PCI Serial Port

Properties:
    --- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code28).
    --- There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    Update driver:
    --- Windows was unable to install your PCI Serial Port. Windows could not find driver software dor your device.
    Driver details:
    --- PCI Serial Port: No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.
    PCI Serial Port Events:
    --- Device PCI
    --- \VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03\3&33fd14ca&0&1B requires further installation.
    PCI Serial Port Hardware IDs:
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_070002
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_0700
    Resource settings: This device isn’t using any resources because it has a problem

MeAndMyComputer, Jun 29, 2020
  3. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled.

I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been uninstalled.

I've tried to search for a driver through windows update, The manufacturer website and online but still saying ''driver cannot be found''

I honestly don't even know what the PCI serial port is used for and can it damage my pc by not having it installed ?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem before, The pc is custom build but my Processor: Inteli5-2320 CPU 3.00GHZ.

All drivers and everything is fully updated to the latest driver.

Just a little bit of info on maybe my next steps or anything

Thanks.

maattypowell, Jun 29, 2020
  4. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

How fix "windows was unable to install your PCI Serial Port" ?

Tried this and it failed. It still has the PCI SERIAL PORT listed as other and that it could not find it online. I am running Windows 10 pro.

BaelRathLian, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

1. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install - Similar Threads - PCI serial port

2. PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some users are reporting that they are unable to install PCI Serial Port Driver on their PC. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10. What is PCI Serial Port? PCI Serial Port is an industry-standard bus...
  3. pci serial port code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci serial port code 28: I have a OptiPlex 780 with windows 10 and i cant find a driver for my pci serial port this all started when I tried to install a gpu and it wasn't showing up in device manager and I've been down this rabbit hole for about 3 weeks and would appreciate any help I can get...
  4. PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers

PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers: To Whom It May Concern I have a Lenovo Think Centre m91p and recently i was looking at my device manager and I saw that my PCI Serial Port was not working correctly and when I try to install new drivers it says this- [ATTACH] And the device manager has this-[ATTACH]I...
  5. BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal & PCI serial port driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Driver IRQL not less or equal & PCI serial port driver: This started happening after I updated windows to 2004. Occasionally I would get a BSOD, and it would happen at different times, so I don't know what I exactly did to cause it. The "stop code" was: "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL". I've gotten this problem a week ago, but I...
  6. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  7. PCI serial port diver not found

PCI serial port diver not found: Hello, I just installed windows 10 yesterday and my speakers won't work. The computer tells me I am missing my PCI serial port driver. I tried to do an automatic search for the driver to fix it and no driver can be found through windows. What do I do?...
  8. what is a PCI Serial Port do

what is a PCI Serial Port do: what does a PCI Serial Port do is it ok if there is no driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pci-serial-port-do/c6f6c860-578c-4873-aa6c-84b7b5fc9e08
  9. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

PCI serial port unable to find driver.: I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled. I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been...
  10. PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28: I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop. The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016. In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD On Wed July 20, did a clean install per...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot