Windows 10: pci serial port in windows 10 is missing

Discus and support pci serial port in windows 10 is missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; pci serial port in windows 10 is missing how do I fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ann.hawley, Oct 27, 2019.

1. pci serial port in windows 10 is missing

pci serial port in windows 10 is missing

how do I fix it

:)

ann.hawley, Oct 27, 2019
  2. Mark Isi Win User

PCI SERIAL PORT listed under Other devices

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern regarding drivers for your desktop. We're happy to help.

Since we're tackling with missing drivers here, the best that we can suggest is to search online for a driver that will suit your PCI serial port. Feel free to check this thread for Tushar Tiwari's answer, which provide steps on how to install a driver in
    compatibility mode. The link can be found here.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Isi, Oct 27, 2019
  3. PCI serial port diver not found

Hello, I just installed windows 10 yesterday and my speakers won't work. The computer tells me I am missing my PCI serial port driver. I tried to do an automatic search for the driver to fix it and no driver can be found through windows. What do I do?

TravisMcCool, Oct 27, 2019
  4. pci serial port in windows 10 is missing

PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop.
    The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016.
    In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD
    On Wed July 20, did a clean install per
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    and that went well.
    NOTE: The only reason I did the clean install is because I wanted to see how to do that.

However now there is an issue with the PCI Serial Port in Device Manager which wasn’t there before the clean install. I would like to know
    --- What is the PCI Serial Port for?
    --- Is there a PCI Serial Port driver for my system?

pci serial port in windows 10 is missing [​IMG]

Following is the information about it on my computer.

Device Manager > other devices > PCI Serial Port

Properties:
    --- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code28).
    --- There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    Update driver:
    --- Windows was unable to install your PCI Serial Port. Windows could not find driver software dor your device.
    Driver details:
    --- PCI Serial Port: No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.
    PCI Serial Port Events:
    --- Device PCI
    --- \VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03\3&33fd14ca&0&1B requires further installation.
    PCI Serial Port Hardware IDs:
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_070002
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_0700
    Resource settings: This device isn’t using any resources because it has a problem

MeAndMyComputer, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

pci serial port in windows 10 is missing

1. pci serial port in windows 10 is missing - Similar Threads - pci serial port

2. PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some users are reporting that they are unable to install PCI Serial Port Driver on their PC. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10. What is PCI Serial Port? PCI Serial Port is an industry-standard bus...
  3. pci serial port code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci serial port code 28: I have a OptiPlex 780 with windows 10 and i cant find a driver for my pci serial port this all started when I tried to install a gpu and it wasn't showing up in device manager and I've been down this rabbit hole for about 3 weeks and would appreciate any help I can get...
  4. PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers

PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers: To Whom It May Concern I have a Lenovo Think Centre m91p and recently i was looking at my device manager and I saw that my PCI Serial Port was not working correctly and when I try to install new drivers it says this- [ATTACH] And the device manager has this-[ATTACH]I...
  5. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  6. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  7. PCI serial port diver not found

PCI serial port diver not found: Hello, I just installed windows 10 yesterday and my speakers won't work. The computer tells me I am missing my PCI serial port driver. I tried to do an automatic search for the driver to fix it and no driver can be found through windows. What do I do?...
  8. what is a PCI Serial Port do

what is a PCI Serial Port do: what does a PCI Serial Port do is it ok if there is no driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pci-serial-port-do/c6f6c860-578c-4873-aa6c-84b7b5fc9e08
  9. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

PCI serial port unable to find driver.: I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled. I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been...
  10. PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28: I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop. The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016. In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD On Wed July 20, did a clean install per...