Windows 10: PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

Discus and support PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop. The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016. In June I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeAndMyComputer, Jul 21, 2016.

1. PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

I have a refurbished HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF 32-bit desktop.
    The original OS was Windows 7 Pro, I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro in Feb 2016.
    In June I upgraded the original ST3160318AS 160GB HDD with a Crucial MX200 250GB SSD
    On Wed July 20, did a clean install per
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html
    and that went well.
    NOTE: The only reason I did the clean install is because I wanted to see how to do that.

However now there is an issue with the PCI Serial Port in Device Manager which wasn’t there before the clean install. I would like to know
    --- What is the PCI Serial Port for?
    --- Is there a PCI Serial Port driver for my system?

PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28 [​IMG]

Following is the information about it on my computer.

Device Manager > other devices > PCI Serial Port

Properties:
    --- The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code28).
    --- There are no compatible drivers for this device.
    Update driver:
    --- Windows was unable to install your PCI Serial Port. Windows could not find driver software dor your device.
    Driver details:
    --- PCI Serial Port: No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device.
    PCI Serial Port Events:
    --- Device PCI
    --- \VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03\3&33fd14ca&0&1B requires further installation.
    PCI Serial Port Hardware IDs:
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_070002
    --- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&CC_0700
    Resource settings: This device isn’t using any resources because it has a problem

:)

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 21, 2016

2. usb device error message

I ran the troubleshooter as requested and the report is as follows:

PCI Serial Port doesn't have a driver

Not fixed

There is no driver installed for PCI Serial Port.

Device information

Name:
    PCI Serial Port

ID:
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3D&SUBSYS_1497103C&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B3

Error code:

Apply solution for driver problem

Completed

Follow the instructions in the solution to address the driver problem.

Install a driver for this device

Completed

The driver for PCI Serial Port is not installed. Install the latest driver for the device.

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown

I'm not sure what I can do to solve these issues, so any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank YOU!

KyleSmith-2017, Jul 21, 2016
  3. PCI Serial Port. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Hi Kristen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Graphics device driver error code 28

The driver for this device isn’t installed. Here’s how to install it:

• Open Start, enter (or type) Device Manager, then select
      Device Manager from the list of results.
    • Find your broken device in the list (it will often have a yellow exclamation point next to it).
    • Right-click (or press and hold) the name of the device, then select Properties > Driver tab > Update Driver.
    If you’re asked for the driver and don’t have it, you can usually go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver for your device.

You may visit the HP drivers site and download the drivers by putting in the make/model of your PC. Link is given below.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 21, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28

No idea what a "PCI Serial Port" is. (Serial port off the PCI bus?)

I'm not sure that you need to do anything about it, but see here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...o/td-p/4977584

Intel driver support for the Q43 chipset used in that PC seems to end with Windows 7. Perhaps drivers for that OS will work in 10, as they did in 8.1.

bobkn, Jul 21, 2016
  5. clam1952 Win User
    Edit: Already covered

To add the Win7 driver should work or disable it in device manager and forget it.

I'm guessing its the Com port relating to the dialup modem.

clam1952, Jul 21, 2016
  6. Carsomyr Win User
    This is the driver: http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/p...&swEnvOid=4059
    And I doubt you do anything that requires it so I really don't think it matters... But if the imperfect device manager bugs you go ahead and install it PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28 :p Win7 drivers worked fine on win10 with my old Intel P55 board/1st gen i7 PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28 :p

Carsomyr, Jul 21, 2016
  7. I think I'll leave it alone for now. I've researched what PCI Serial Port is for.
    I'd say it could relate to the PS/2 ports as well as another one similar to the VGA port, none of which I use.
    Serial port - Wikipedia
    Maybe the dial up Com port as mentioned but I can't tell if I have one.
    I tried that driver link but I got a dialog box that reads "The publisher has been blocked from running software on your machine"
    Whatever is going on I'm not sure yet especially since HP does run software on my machine.
    Anyway unless a problem occurs that looks like it's related with the PCI Serial Port, I'll wait until then.

MeAndMyComputer, Jul 21, 2016
  8. mike s Win User

Have an old Dell Optiplex model that I upgraded to Windows 10, and I got the same thing.

The only component not accounted for in Device Manager was some specialized remote mangement device for which driver support had been discontinued. It was also flagged as a "PCI serial port".

Ignored it, and the machine continues to run fine.

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PCI Serial Port not installed Code 28 - Similar Threads - PCI Serial Port

2. PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some users are reporting that they are unable to install PCI Serial Port Driver on their PC. In this guide, we have a few solutions to fix PCI Serial Port Driver is not installing on Windows 11/10. What is PCI Serial Port? PCI Serial Port is an industry-standard bus...
  3. pci serial port code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pci serial port code 28: I have a OptiPlex 780 with windows 10 and i cant find a driver for my pci serial port this all started when I tried to install a gpu and it wasn't showing up in device manager and I've been down this rabbit hole for about 3 weeks and would appreciate any help I can get...
  4. PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28

PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28: I built a computer with my friend, and I think they may have skipped downloading some drivers. Displayed under my PCI devices is the error message in this photo. All three PCIs have an issue and when I attempt to search for their drivers nothing works. I believe I am meant to...
  5. PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers

PCI Serial Port Unable To Install Drivers: To Whom It May Concern I have a Lenovo Think Centre m91p and recently i was looking at my device manager and I saw that my PCI Serial Port was not working correctly and when I try to install new drivers it says this- [ATTACH] And the device manager has this-[ATTACH]I...
  6. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  7. PCI serial port drivers couldn't install

PCI serial port drivers couldn't install: When I went into device manager, I noticed that under "Other Devices", there was PCI serial port, that had a yellow triangle on it, and when I went into properties, it said there aren't any drivers installed for it. I tried the "Update driver" button, but it said it couldn't...
  8. PCI serial port diver not found

PCI serial port diver not found: Hello, I just installed windows 10 yesterday and my speakers won't work. The computer tells me I am missing my PCI serial port driver. I tried to do an automatic search for the driver to fix it and no driver can be found through windows. What do I do?...
  9. what is a PCI Serial Port do

what is a PCI Serial Port do: what does a PCI Serial Port do is it ok if there is no driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pci-serial-port-do/c6f6c860-578c-4873-aa6c-84b7b5fc9e08
  10. PCI serial port unable to find driver.

PCI serial port unable to find driver.: I've had this pc for around 9 months now, Everything works perfect until I noticed the PCI serial port driver has someone been uninstalled. I'm not sure how this has happened and I haven't noticed any differences in using my computer but something has happened and its been...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pci serial port not installed code 28

2. pci serial port driver not installed code 28

3. device pci\ven_8086&dev_1c3d&subsys_1497103c&rev_04\3&11583659&0&b3 requires further installation.

4. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C&REV_03,
  5. PCI serial port code 28,
  6. pci serial port code,
  7. code 28 pci serial port,
  8. pci serial portthe drivers for this device are not installed. (code 28),
  9. need to know which pci serial port that i have,
  10. Missing PCI Serial Port driver Windows 1809,
  11. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2E17&SUBSYS_3048103C 32 bit,
  12. the drivers for this device are not installed. (code 28) for pci serial port,
  13. download\windows 7\ computer mangement\ unkowen devices\unkowen devices\code28