Windows 10: PCI WiFi card issues

Discus and support PCI WiFi card issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jabales, Nov 3, 2019.

1. jabales Win User

PCI WiFi card issues

Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260
    Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT
    Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449)

So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based systems (KB4522355), and 2019-10 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 1903 for x64 (KB4522741). Since then I've been experiencing both drops in the wifi signal and it's speed. The issue is remedied temporarily(~2hrs) by toggling the WiFi on and off in Windows. I've tried reinstalling the device software and doing a network reset in windows, but still the issue remains.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

:)

jabales, Nov 3, 2019
  2. sourusoff Win User

wireless pci network adapter not functioning in windows 10

My computer has two hard drives and the one with windows 7 still recognizes my Net gear WG311T PCI CARD. I have tried all of the steps you suggest and none of them work. I am not getting an error message...but am not getting recognition of the WiFi through
    that card while if I plug in a usb WiFi card it works fine!

sourusoff, Nov 3, 2019
  3. Olafchief Win User
    Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Ozoingo2 Win User

PCI WiFi card issues

Is there a pci card with both Wifi and Usb?

I already have a wifi dongle and it is kind of annoying, I'm looking into buying a pci usb card and would love to have both usb and wifi on the same card as it is a mini itx build and is meant to be portable.

Ozoingo2, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

PCI WiFi card issues

1. PCI WiFi card issues - Similar Threads - PCI WiFi card

2. Pci wifi card keeps disconnecting!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pci wifi card keeps disconnecting!!: Okay I'm not sure where to start but for around a year now my PCI Wifi Card sometimes decides to randomly disconnect! I've tried every method to fix it and none of them work, and the ones that give me hope are never permanent fixes! I've reset my network settings multiple...
  3. Pci wifi card keeps disconnecting!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pci wifi card keeps disconnecting!!: Okay I'm not sure where to start but for around a year now my PCI Wifi Card sometimes decides to randomly disconnect! I've tried every method to fix it and none of them work, and the ones that give me hope are never permanent fixes! I've reset my network settings multiple...
  4. Pci wifi card keeps disconnecting!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Mini PCI WiFI

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mini PCI WiFI: can someone please tell me what is the latest MiNi WiFi adapter to use in my laptop and desktop computer 176288
  6. Can't Connect To Networks with New PCI-E WiFi Card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Connect To Networks with New PCI-E WiFi Card: So i've just installed my new pci-e wifi card, along with the newest drivers from the TP-Link website but it won't let me connect to any networks. They are being detected in Windows with full signal, but when I connect and input the password it just says "Cannot connect to...
  7. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  8. PCI E card not recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    PCI E card not recognized: Hello I installed a 2 port PCI Express1 3 94 a Firewire card on my Windows 10 - 64 bits computer The manufacturer (StarTech) representative told me it would work without problem Unfortunately, it dose not and the card is not even recognized Did I forget something (BIOS...
  9. new pci sound card

new pci sound card: When I try to install the drivers for a new sound card, the system says it cannot find the card. It does not show up in the device manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-pci-sound-card/f1e6c6ea-aa02-4f8f-be98-25c23cbdd50c
  10. PCI WiFi card issues

PCI WiFi card issues: Device Name: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 Product Name: ASUS PCE-AC55BT Windows Version: x64 Windows 10 Home Ver.1903(OS Build 18362.449) So, my issue started occurring after installing some optional windows updates. The updates were; 2019-10 Cumulative Update for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus pci wifi card not working win10