Windows 10: PCIE- Bluetooth add in not working as of 20H2

Discus and support PCIE- Bluetooth add in not working as of 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Quick specs Asus ROG Strix B550-F not wifi Ryzen 7 3800x Corsair H100i 240mm AIO EVGA 2080 Super Gskill trident z rgb ram I bought a pcie add-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NeMuzko, Apr 2, 2021.

1. NeMuzko Win User

PCIE- Bluetooth add in not working as of 20H2

Quick specs

Asus ROG Strix B550-F not wifi

Ryzen 7 3800x

Corsair H100i 240mm AIO

EVGA 2080 Super

Gskill trident z rgb ram

I bought a pcie add-in wifi6/ Bluetooth I Believe 5.0 card that requires a usb header and plugged it in, used the usb driver download that had intel drivers on it and the connection was spotty at best. Windows kept failing to recognize the usb driver. I updated to 20H2 and the recommended drivers. After that it wouldn't recognize the device itself and the usb driver error spread to my AIO which now powers on and runs at default settings but doesn't work how it's supposed to or show up in ICUE.

I have followed all the driver re-installation procedures and even restarted the bluetooth service. Once I did all this my computer crashed and I had to troubleshoot a boot loop and re-install windows and now I'm back to usb errors and and pcie devices not being recognized or only showing briefly. How can I get an older version of windows before these updates? because the last three versions are garbage.

:)

NeMuzko, Apr 2, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

20H2 - no bluetooth?

Hello Franz_liszt,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see your device's Bluetooth has disappeared.

The most common and best way to resolve this is by visiting your device's manufacturer website and download the latest Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded, have it installed and check if it's going to work properly.

You can also start troubleshooting the Bluetooth via Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.

2. Click on Bluetooth.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.

3. Select Update this driver.

If updating doesn't help, click on uninstall this driver instead. Then restart your device and go back to Device Manager. Right-click on Bluetooth then select scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect the Bluetooth driver and reinstall it.

Here's also a link for possible troubleshooting steps that may help you with the Bluetooth issue:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Since the issue appeared after installing an 20H2, please consider rolling back the update:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Apr 2, 2021
  3. 20H2 - no bluetooth?

When 20H2 was installed, my bluetooth disappeared. It shows up in devices,. I have uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed. Any help is appreciated.

Franz_liszt, Apr 2, 2021
  4. nick255 Win User

Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

1. PCIE- Bluetooth add in not working as of 20H2 - Similar Threads - PCIE Bluetooth add

2. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  3. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working: Hi,I am facing an issue where my Bluetooth seems to work fine but I can no longer add any new Bluetooth devices. Similarly, I can no longer add any new printers.First the Bluetooth, the problem occurs when I click the "add Bluetooth or other device" button, the small window...
  4. 'Add Bluetooth Device' and 'Add Printer' No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth is Partially working In/Post 20H2

Bluetooth is Partially working In/Post 20H2: Hello there peeps! I'm seeking a bit of knowledge in a weird issue I'm having. For some reason, after 20H2m I am only able to discover and pair audio devices, like headphones, but I am now unable to pair my Wacom Intuos Pro 2019 tablet. It used to pair in Build 1903, yep,...
  6. 20H2 - no bluetooth?

20H2 - no bluetooth?: When 20H2 was installed, my bluetooth disappeared. It shows up in devices,. I have uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-no-bluetooth/dcad9cd2-12b7-48ad-b8d2-6b0ec6a46c0b
  7. Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after 20H2 update: I just built my own PC just a few weeks ago and I bought a WIFI card from a random brand called Fenvi. It had integrated Bluetooth also and it worked fine for the first few weeks on Windows 2004. No dropouts and everything was fine, until I updated to 20H2. Can I expect an...
  8. HELP: PCIe Wireless adapter with Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP: PCIe Wireless adapter with Bluetooth: I bought a PCIe wireless adapter with Bluetooth yesterday. I installed it today and installed the drivers. Wifi is working good, but there is weird problem with Bluetooth. It shows up in Settings, but whenever I try to pair a device, it doesn't shows up and if it does, it...
  9. Bluetooth add device not working

Bluetooth add device not working: I am using Bluetooth keyboard, mouse and speakers. I want to add a keypad for occasional use, but when I click on, add device, nthing happens. ??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-add-device-not-working/c60696f6-aefb-41d8-a637-2ba4f61722f1
  10. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card: I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would...