Windows 10: PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

Discus and support PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What's up ladies and gents. I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Faith, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Faith Win User

PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question

What's up ladies and gents.

I have a question regarding PCIe power consumption for graphics cards. I've searched around and I get a very divided answer to this: Should I use a single power cable with x2 6+2 split on a GPU with slots over 8? or use two seperate 6+2 power cables? I know that the PCIe x16 slot itself give power (75w-ish?), but how much watt does each cable give exactly? I've read that one cable with a split like this is OK for a card that draw less than 215-225w, but I was looking at the Asus ROG RTX 2070 Super card and it has x2 8 slots connectors. The PSU is going to be the Corsair RMx 750w.

Users behind using two cables says it's safer, while users behind one cable says it doesn't matter as long as the card doesn't exceed the total wattage on the cables. I'm not going to overclock. Can anyone share a light to this conundrum? Or maybe share what you're using? All help and info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Faith, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Power Consumption

Hello,

We understand that you want to have a software that can track your computer's power consumption. We recommend that you visit Windows Store, and search for an app that will allow you to do so. If you don't see any from the Store, you might need to look for
    a third-party program that will allow you to track the power consumption of your PC.

If you need help with Windows Store, kindly visit this
    page

Let us know if you have other questions.

Ramon Imp, Jul 21, 2019
  3. ldk8887 Win User
    Power Consumption

Is there Microsoft software to track my PC's power consumption?

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

ldk8887, Jul 21, 2019
  4. alesp56 Win User

E71 firmware v400.21.013 power consumption

My E71 had a problem with Garmin. Garmin was running background process (in the options it was disabled!) and i turned it off again now it's everything back to normal or even better power consumption!

So try to find the background service with some processes listing program and you'll have the solution.

alesp56, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

1. PCIe Cable Power Consumption Question - Similar Threads - PCIe Cable Power

2. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  3. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enormous task manager power consumption: This has become very aggravating. I run Windows 10 most current version and if I DON'T load up the task manager in the background it will run at an enormous power consumption rated Very High for no reason consuming a ton of resources. It never drops. It absolutely kills any...
  4. Enormous task manager power consumption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Too much power consumption in modern standby

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Too much power consumption in modern standby: My laptop supports Modern Standby. The only drawback is it consumes too much power. Everything is fine in energy report. Nohwdrips.c10.unknown is active all the time. Modern standby is a very good feature. I dont want to lose it. What i have tried is 1. tried recovery but it...
  6. Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fatal error: Please Power Down And Connect The Pcie Power Cable ...: [[from wife's laptop]] This may seem a bit lengthy but Im attempting to provide sufficient info for troubleshooting on the first go. PROBLEM DESCRIPTION Im experiencing the following fatal error: PLEASE POWER DOWN AND CONNECT THE PCIe POWER CABLE FOR THIS GRAPHICS CARD...
  7. PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?

PSU modular cables - Are PCIe cables swappable?: Hey all. I have recently been in receipt of a gtx 1070, a nice little upgrade over my gtx 660 ( I know, but it works well ). Upon installation, I realised I only have a 6pin to 6pin PCIe on my 850W CoolerMaster PSU ( Cooler Master Real Power M850 RS-850-ESBA ), which is now...
  8. Monitor Cable Question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Cable Question: I have a dell xps 15 9550 that i connect 2 monitors to. Both monitors are 1920x1200 resolution and 24'. I had to buy 2 cables... one is an hdmi to hdmi cable to connect to one of the monitors. The other cable i bought was a usb-c to displayport to the other monitor and it...
  9. power cable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    power cable: When I plugged in my power cable, I checked the battery life. it said plugged in, not charging. how can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cable/cd7d06a9-e687-4776-bc22-5050ade24765
  10. Power consumption issue with TP

Power consumption issue with TP: Hello, I noticed a shorter battery life with the TP Since my computer runs heavy tasks I'm checking T° and power usage. Compared to Win 8.1 I also noticed an higher power consumption when idle (3,5W min with the TP, 2,3W on 8.1), data observed with Core Temp. Someone...