Windows 10: PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10?

Discus and support PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Right then, I think through the process of elimination I might have the matter at hand, but not completely. At the end of January, I ordered a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hondo_Man, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Hondo_Man Win User

PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10?

Right then,

I think through the process of elimination I might have the matter at hand, but not completely.

At the end of January, I ordered a customer made PC for my workshop. Nothing spectacular, but good enough for my work.

Specs:

Gigabyte A320M-S2H Mainboard
    AMD4 Ryzen 5, 2600X CPU
    Nvidia GeForce GT 710 graphics on-board
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Pro

All drivers and the BIOS are up-to-date and I have only the bear essential programmes. Windows 10, Firefox & Thunderbird, Acrobat Adobe, CPU-Z, Belarc, Kaspersky, Whatsapp and Spotify.

When I ordered the PC, I didn't care for the WLAN card they had on offer, so I bought it separately. A TP-Link Archer TX50E AX3000 WiFi 6 PCIe Adapter with Bluetooth 5.0. Basically an Intel AX200.

Initially, the card worked perfectly. No issues. After a week, I would boot the PC in the morning and the card was not listed in the Device Manager. Odd, that. I restarted the PC and still not there. I powered down, unplugged the card's cable from the mainboard, waited about 20sec, plugged back in, re-booted and it worked fine.

This then became a few times per week to everyday.

However there is a change in this routine. What I've discovered is that I need only boot the PC in the morning as is everyday, see that there is no connectivity and the card is not in the Device Manager, power down, wait about 4min, boot again and the PCIe card is recognised in the Device Manager and works.

To add to this, I can restart the PC during the day without issue. I can also power down at the end of the work day, say 18.00. Come back to the shop at 21.00 or 22.00, boot back up and the PCIe card is immediately recognised.

It's as if something changes after midnight. I've not bothered the check at, say, half past midnight, as I am asleep in bed.

Yes, I have tested the card in the other PCIe slot. No change.

I have asked on the TP-Link, Intel and Gigabyte forums. They all point a finger at each other as to what the issue is.

I am no computer expert. I have owned and worked with computers since 1992. To me, with my limited knowledge, it would seem that something is changing in the computer on the 'following day'. Date change - BIOS - Windows 10? A process that changes each day and is effecting the WLAN or Bluetooth when the computer initialises. What that is I cannot say.

I have run Task Manager and Task Schedule, Powershell's Get-Process, sfc /scannow, etc. I see nothing that might be a red-flag. I cannot figure out where the issues lays.

In googling potential ideas, I have discovered that I am not the only one to experience this. There are others and the mainboards vary, so I believe my mainboard is not the issue. Could be, but I don't think so. Perhaps a combination of events.

As a process of elimination, could this be a Windows conflict issue? Might someone at MS have an idea to this?

Looking forward to responses of ideas and thoughts.

Cheers!

:)

Hondo_Man, Apr 6, 2021

2. Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue

After updating to windows version 1909 thunderbolt PCIE card stop working.

Update the bios to latest version and update the thunderbolt software but it didn't fixed.

but when roll back to 1808 it work fine.

Any Suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks,

Alam

AlamShaikh, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

RealTek PCIE CardReader - how to work without it.

Hi Marek,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps and work around to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Are you able to see RealTek PCIE Card Reader in Device manager?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows and RealTek PCIE Card Reader driver updates?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows and RealTek PCIE Card Reader updates and check.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Refer: http://www.realtek.com/Downloads/do...=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10? - Similar Threads - PCIe card issue

2. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  3. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  4. Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue: After updating to windows version 1909 thunderbolt PCIE card stop working. Update the bios to latest version and update the thunderbolt software but it didn't fixed. but when roll back to 1808 it work fine. Any Suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks, Alam...
  5. PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless: I've been trying to debug this issue for some time and at this point I'm clueless. The short description: after plugging in a USB audio interface in the PCIe expansion card where the mouse and keyboard are connected, the keyboard stops working if audio is being played. I get...
  6. USB 3 PCIE Card issue

USB 3 PCIE Card issue: Reasus PCIE card installed and does work, but everytime i switch off my pc for a day or two and boot up my card does not get recognised and i have to reboot several times before it works. Trouble is my mouse and keyboard cannot function until this comes active? Anyone have a...
  7. Windows 10 Pro won't start with PCIe card installed

Windows 10 Pro won't start with PCIe card installed: Split from this thread. I have an HP model # XL510AV with I/O - 1 low-profile PCI - device driver not found and can not locate 1 low-profile PCIe x1 2 low-profile PCIe x16 - when a third party video board is installed - system will not boot with screen on the VGA built in...
  8. Move Windows 10 to new SSD/PCIe card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move Windows 10 to new SSD/PCIe card: Hello, I have been googling this topic and it always seems to lead to getting some 3rd party cloning software or doing a re-install. I never see microsoft.com answers. Is there a way within Windows 10 to move the OS to another disk? or copy the existing C drive to a new...
  9. PCIe network card crashing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCIe network card crashing computer: Hi all, Issue : 10/28/2018 I'm trying to get my asus PCE-AC88 card working. I can boot to windows and the card works. Within a few minutes I get a blue screen of death. The screen doesn't even last long enough for me to catch the error code and the pc restarts. This will be...
  10. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...