Windows 10: PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

Discus and support PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sea skimmer, Mar 28, 2019.

1. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

I bought a Samsung 970 EVO nvme m.2 1TB SSD that i connected to a PCIe adapter and then plugged into he pcie slot. by follow a tutorial on you tube i got windows 10 installed on the SSD but the SSD does not show up in bios so i can boot from it. When i plug my old SSD in and boot from that i can see the PCIe SSD in windows but when i reboot it still isn't showing in bios.
    I also followed the below tutorial but still no joy.

Go into the bios, under the boot tab there is an option for CSM, make sure it is disabled.

Click on secure boot option below and make sure it is set to other OS, not windows UEFI.

Click on key management and clear secure boot keys.

Insert a USB memory stick with a bootable UEFI USB drive with Windows 10 Setup* on it, USB3 is quicker but USB2 works also. A Windows DVD won’t work unless you’ve created your own UEFI Bootable DVD.

Press F10 to save, exit and reboot.

Windows 10 will now start installing to your NVME drive as it has its own NVME driver built in.

When the PC reboots hit F2 to go back into the BIOS, you will see under boot priority that windows boot manager now lists your NVME drive.

Click on secure boot again but now set it to WIndows UEFI mode.

Click on key management and install default secure boot keys

Press F10 to save and exit and windows will finish the install. Once you have Windows up and running, shutdown the PC and reconnect your other SATA drives.

any help would be great.

:)

sea skimmer, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Attie Win User

M.2 SSD doesn't show up in BIOS and Windows installer

That SSD is indeed SATA (not PCIe / NVMe).

Check that it's properly seated. Once you have it detected, it will likely show up as one of the SATA devices (not an M.2 device). From the manual:

Additionally, I noticed in your motherboard's manual, that it has two M.2 ports:

• M.2_1 supports both SATA & PCIe 3.0 x4
    • M.2_2 supports only PCIe 3.0 x4

Make sure that you have the SSD in the correct port (labelled M.2_1).

Also, make sure that you don't have another disk connected to the SATA6G_1 port (top).

Please just go through the motions to be 100% sure (even if you think you tried it).

1. Power off
    2. Install SSD into M.2_1
    3. Disconnect any drive / cable from SATA6G_1
    4. Enter the BIOS and set M.2_1 to SATA mode
    5. Save configuration and reboot
    6. Check devices found by BIOS again

Attie, Mar 28, 2019
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    new m.2 pcie ssd

Yup. M.2 is enabled in the bios. It's a plextor card listed on Asus website. No informationabout booting

fjk61011, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Lagged Win User

PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

M.2 SSD not being able to boot from it, windows doesn't recognise.

Ok, this is what happened after all the comments and suggestions, @Dude: Thanx for the video, my mb had non e of those settings, it had the raid/option memory gene or achi. Can only choose one or the other. @Saltgrass, my settings did point out auto and enabled the pcie x4, gen 3. I did an bios flash as suggested, because my bios was not the latest version, after a reformat the m.2 was picked up, still cant install OS onto it as it states legacy not found, removed my dvd rom from the sata port to another, and the drive was found and installed. Only issue now is that it's still not my OS drive but it at least now works and is installed, but on the Intel rst drive the obtain memory gene option to enable is greyed out, and shows as disabled. However the program lists the M.2 and it is working 100%,. I installed overwhatch onto it, it performs perfectly. But will update the intel driver tonight and see if that makes any difference. Seems the bios flash enabled the settings listed by @Dude that was not present pre-flash.

So the m.2 drive works. I can game off it and install omnto it. Can not install windows on it, gene memmory is enabled, pcie x4 is on and on auto detect, Motherbaord lists all the drives connected, motherboard ahs been updated to latest bios. After flash new settings became available, m.2 is now on memmory gene enabled not achi, windows os is enabled and fast boost is enabled, intel rst is installed and lists all the ssds and the m.2, however the m.2 on memmory gene is dissabled and the option to enable is greyed out. Will update the driver as Essenbe suggested of the m.2 and see if anything changes. Thank you all for the help, I can now atleast use my m.2

Lagged, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios

1. PCIe M.2 SSD not showing in bios - Similar Threads - PCIe SSD showing

2. PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management: HiI just bought a 4TB PCIe NVME SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and they’re closed for the weekend now so I can’t get support from them.I’m trying to install it in my Alienware M15 laptop computer and have checked compatibility with both Alienware Dell and Crucial.When I put the...
  3. PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PCIe SSD Drive showing in Bios, but not showing in Disk Management: HiI just bought a 4TB PCIe NVME SSD Hard Drive from Crucial and they’re closed for the weekend now so I can’t get support from them.I’m trying to install it in my Alienware M15 laptop computer and have checked compatibility with both Alienware Dell and Crucial.When I put the...
  4. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  5. M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    M.2 SSD is not detected in Windows, but is detected in BIOS.: It is not showing in disk management, or device manager. I upgraded my PC and everything was fine, the SSD was detected, but after I updated my graphics driver it won't detect. Everything is up to date. I have tried following many different solutions that yield no result. If...
  6. Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Boot Problem BIOS SSD M.2: I got an SSD M.2 and set Windows 10 there. The second disk is HDD. During startup, the PC throws it into the BIOS. I don't change anything there, I press "save and exit", and then Windows starts up. And if you turn off the computer and turn it on after 1 minute, everything...
  7. M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    M.2 SSD not showing up in BIOS Boot Section: I have had this problem for a while now and I have never seemed to figure it out. My C drive shows up in file explorer and I have saved multiple games and big files and such. And I checked my SSD with Crystal disk info and it said it was in good condition. But whenever I go...
  8. best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    best way to clone SATA M.2 SSD to PCIe M.2 SSD?: Long story short: I have a Gigabyte Mini ITX motherboard with a 256GB Sandisk SATA III M.2 SSD in it that I'm replacing with a 1TB Intel PCIe M.2 SSD and would like to keep my OS and everything. My current plan ins to put the old SSD into a USB enclosure so I can boot from...
  9. Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows not recognizing new m.2 NVME SSD but shows in BIOS: I purchased a crucial nvme m.2 ssd for my MSI GT73 Titan - It shows in the PCIE section of the BIOS but does not show in disk management - Also does not show up in Crucial's Storage Executive Application. My BIOS is the latest version. Any ideas?...
  10. new m.2 pcie ssd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new m.2 pcie ssd: I've installed the above in my pc but it doesn't show up in my bios uefi. I installed thre build in a dual boot configuration. What files do I need to leave in the old drive so as I can boot into the new drive? 54011

Users found this page by searching for:

1. m.2 pcie nvme ssd adapter not showing in device manager

2. 2nd m.2 doesnt show up in bios

3. enable m.2 sata ssd in bios

4. nvme in pcie port not showing,
  5. sandisk m.2 2280 not detected in dell 3050,
  6. m.2 not showing up in bios,
  7. nvme drive not showing up in bios,
  8. m2 drive doesnt show as boot option in bios,
  9. nvme not showing in bios,
  10. my m.2 ssd isnt showing up,
  11. m.2 sata ssd-2 password bios,