Windows 10: PCIe Network card not doing full speed

Discus and support PCIe Network card not doing full speed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently brought a 2x dual 1GB PCIe Intel network card (10Gtek® Gigabit PCIE Network Card for Intel E1G42ET - 82576 Chip). One for my main PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by limpep, Jun 11, 2019.

1. limpep Win User

PCIe Network card not doing full speed

Hi,

I recently brought a 2x dual 1GB PCIe Intel network card (10Gtek® Gigabit PCIE Network Card for Intel E1G42ET - 82576 Chip). One for my main PC and another for my second PC. My internet speed that I get from my ISP is 350mb down and around 30mb up.

On my main PC running windows 10 may patch 1903 the network is maxing out my internet connection. However on my 2nd PC (also running windows 10 may patch and with a motherboard of Asrock 970m pro3) I am only getting around 150mb down and 30mb up. I followed a few tips and tricks online but with no luck. The cables on both PCs are CAT7 and I have tested them both using a MacBook Pro with a USB-C adaptor that has 1GB ethernet connection and the cables are maxing out my internet connection so I don't believe its the cables. I have an Asus AC86U router.

Both of the cards sit in a 16x PCIe slot. I have tried swapping them around if to see if it could be a faulty card but it doesn't seem so. I believe it is some setting some where on windows 10 that I am missing.

I can see that the adaptor link speed is set to auto negotiation and the status shows me its set at 1Gbps for both PCs. Both PCs have SSD's as the main hard drive. Also I have disabled auto tuning level on 2nd PC with no luck using the following command.

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

I have also disabled on both PC Network Throttling Index following this

https://ttcshelbyville.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/network-throttling-index/

here is another tutorial I followed with no luck

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/e...rnet-Adapter-Settings-for-Maximum-Performance

There doesn't seem to be any network drivers available for this network card for windows 10 (I didn't install on my main PC; windows 10 seem to pick the card up).

I have also tested the speeds with iperf and this is what I get

So when I set my main PC to server I get
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
    [ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 463 MBytes 388 Mbits/sec sender
    [ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 463 MBytes 388 Mbits/sec receiver

But when I set my 2nd PC to server I get

[ ID] Interval Transfer Bandwidth
    [ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 583 MBytes 489 Mbits/sec sender
    [ 4] 0.00-10.00 sec 583 MBytes 489 Mbits/sec receiver

Im not sure why i am not getting the full 1Gbps on lan

My last resort would be to reinstall windows 10 on my 2nd PC but I have a feeling this might not help. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

limpep, Jun 11, 2019
  2. PapaSloth Win User

Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller very slow upload speed problem

This worked for me:

• Open Device Manager
    • Open Network adapters
    • Right-click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, select Properties
    • Click on Advanced tab.
    • Disable everything except for Flow Control
    • Click OK
    After doing that, my upload speed increased from 0.3MB/S to 3.60MB/S on internet speed test.

PapaSloth, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    PCIe network card crashing computer

Hi there Nathan, thanks for your question.

The fact that the network card is turning the computer on when you plug it in suggests to me a fault with either the motherboard or the network card. Perhaps there's a problem in the socket that's causing an electrical short.

Experiencing issues before Windows is even running tells me you're looking at a hardware fault. I'd contact the store that you purchased the card from and see if you can get a replacement. It's probably not your motherboard at fault since your graphics card
    is working in the PCIe slot just fine.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further advice! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Plankton Win User

pcie sata controller cards for 2010 board speed.

What is the exact PCIe card are you looking at? Do you have a link to it?

To answer your question; that would depend on your mobo's bus speed of the pci lanes.

Plankton, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

1. PCIe Network card not doing full speed - Similar Threads - PCIe Network card

2. Code 10 error on newly installed PCIe Network Card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Code 10 error on newly installed PCIe Network Card: Just recently purchased an Aorus network card, model number GC-WBAX200. I have gotten it installed and my pc recognizes it. I am in a nightmare and drivers are the issue i believe. Code 10 on the card inside the device manager, which says its usually a driver issue. I went...
  3. Code 10 error on newly installed PCIe Network Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Code 10 error on newly installed PCIe Network Card: Just recently purchased an Aorus network card, model number GC-WBAX200. I have gotten it installed and my pc recognizes it. I am in a nightmare and drivers are the issue i believe. Code 10 on the card inside the device manager, which says its usually a driver issue. I went...
  4. Code 10 error on newly installed PCIe Network Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PC not detecting PCIe Raid Card on reboot, only after full shutdown??: Hi allI have a custom PC I made with a PCIe SATA Raid controller, which only seems to be detected after a full shutdown and restart, but not when it's just rebooted? Does anyone have an idea why most of the time when I reset my windows 10 PC it doesn't detect the PCIe Raid...
  6. Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Device Not Detected: PCIe WiFi Network Card: Hi friends, I have tried every troubleshooting method except for Resetting my PC to get my Asus WiFi Network adapter to show up on my PC. What's interesting about my issue is that the adapter worked for a short time when I first installed it. But it stopped showing up on the...
  7. Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue

Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue: After updating to windows version 1909 thunderbolt PCIE card stop working. Update the bios to latest version and update the thunderbolt software but it didn't fixed. but when roll back to 1808 it work fine. Any Suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks, Alam...
  8. NVME wont link up at pcie x4 speeds, only at pcie x2 speed

NVME wont link up at pcie x4 speeds, only at pcie x2 speed: Device is x4 capable. But it seems this notebook only allocates 2 pcie lanes to the nvme slot. Which cuts the maximum read write times to 1729 mb/s and 1628 mb/sec according to crystal disk info. Otherwise would be close to double those speeds. But practically i dont notice...
  9. PCIe network card crashing computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCIe network card crashing computer: Hi all, Issue : 10/28/2018 I'm trying to get my asus PCE-AC88 card working. I can boot to windows and the card works. Within a few minutes I get a blue screen of death. The screen doesn't even last long enough for me to catch the error code and the pc restarts. This will be...
  10. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek wont link at 1gbs