Windows 10: PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI

Discus and support PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a PCIE SSD it is seen both by the bios and the OS if I boot UFEI With CSM on off of a Disk initalized as MBR. If I run MBR2GPT and convert my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Craig4, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Craig4 Win User

PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI

I have a PCIE SSD it is seen both by the bios and the OS if I boot UFEI With CSM on off of a Disk initalized as MBR. If I run MBR2GPT and convert my disk to GPT change my Boot to be now the windows bootloader and either leave CSM on or turn it off it doesn't seem to matter the state. The system will boot off the newly converted disk, and will see every other Drives in the System, both SATA attached spinning disk and SSD's Even the M.2 SSD however the PCIE M.2 SSD is not visible to the OS. If I go back into the firmware the UEFI Bios sees the PCIE M.2 SSD. I can also run the diagnostic and

:)

Craig4, Jan 24, 2023

2. OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode

Pretty much the title, I formatted my SSD to GPT but I can only boot in legacy mode instead of UEFI. If I try to boot in UEFI it loads forever. If I boot in CSM it tries to repair it and I have to boot from hard drive. Then it tries to boot and gets a 0x000000f error. Then I restart and then it boots properly.

my specs are

1070ti

32gb ram

SanDisk Ultra 2 480gb

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Evan123123, Jan 24, 2023
  3. skippy258 Win User
    What is a better format for HDD over 2TB Master boot with Win 7 OS RAID... GPT vs MBR?

Hi all,
    I am going to be getting 2x SATA 3TB Toshiba SATA 6GB HDD and would like to know, what is a better format for my HDD over 2TB for master boot with win 7 OS RAID.... GPT or MBR?

I know if I format in MBR it will only be 2.4TB and if I do it in GPT Basic I might get 2.6TB on the drive but is there benefits or down falls to MBR or GPT other then I will get a little more size on these drives to use.

Thanks

skippy258, Jan 24, 2023
  4. Mystere Win User

PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI

Converting MBR to GPT for EFI boot?

Sorry, I missed the first link. But no, converting it to GPT will not make it automatically an EFI boot. There is more to it, yes it may boot up, but won't be EFI.

Mystere, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

1. PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI - Similar Threads - PCIE SSD converting

2. Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting SSD file format from "GPT" to "MBR": Hello y'all i just wanted to ask if there is any kind of way to convert your ssd format from "GPT" to "MBR" safely without losing any data? i would appreciate anybody who can answer me....
  3. PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI: I have a PCIE SSD it is seen both by the bios and the OS if I boot UFEI With CSM on off of a Disk initalized as MBR. If I run MBR2GPT and convert my disk to GPT change my Boot to be now the windows bootloader and either leave CSM on or turn it off it doesn't seem to matter...
  4. PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PCIE SSD not seen in the OS after converting boot Drive to GPT format and booting UFEI: I have a PCIE SSD it is seen both by the bios and the OS if I boot UFEI With CSM on off of a Disk initalized as MBR. If I run MBR2GPT and convert my disk to GPT change my Boot to be now the windows bootloader and either leave CSM on or turn it off it doesn't seem to matter...
  5. Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows not booting after converting secondary storage to GPT: I have windows installed on my ssd which is still MBR, since MBR cannot support more than 2TB I converted my secondary storage HDD to GPT using disk manager. On the next boot my pc was showing “Reboot and Select proper Boot device ecc…”I tried to disconnect the the secondary...
  6. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  7. Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT

Computer Not Booting After Converting MBR to GPT: i had recently built my new pc with 4gb ram and an i3 3240 cpu and Asus p8h61 mx motherboard with windows 7. But when i converted my hard disk from MBR to GPT my computer is not booting and there is just a blinking underscore on top left corner. When my computer first came it...
  8. OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode: Pretty much the title, I formatted my SSD to GPT but I can only boot in legacy mode instead of UEFI. If I try to boot in UEFI it loads forever. If I boot in CSM it tries to repair it and I have to boot from hard drive. Then it tries to boot and gets a 0x000000f error. Then I...
  9. OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode

OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode: Pretty much the title, I formatted my SSD to GPT but I can only boot in legacy mode instead of UEFI. If I try to boot in UEFI it loads forever. If I boot in CSM it tries to repair it and I have to boot from hard drive. Then it tries to boot and gets a 0x000000f error. Then I...
  10. OS drive is formatted to GPT, but still can't boot in UEFI mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging