Windows 10: PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless

Discus and support PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been trying to debug this issue for some time and at this point I'm clueless. The short description: after plugging in a USB audio interface in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nagarin, Jun 24, 2020.

1. PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless

I've been trying to debug this issue for some time and at this point I'm clueless. The short description: after plugging in a USB audio interface in the PCIe expansion card where the mouse and keyboard are connected, the keyboard stops working if audio is being played.

I get this behaviour with two different USB PCIe expansion card, as well as with two different audio interfaces, no matter the combination of them. First I will list the hardware I used:

• Ryzen 3900x on an x570 Asus prime motherboard
    • Audio devices: Fiio btr1k and Focusrite 6i6 1st gen
    • USB PCIe cards: Orico PVU3-7U and a generic, no-name one
    • I also have two graphics cards connected in x8, in case the PCIe bandwidth might have something to do with it

The issue differs with the sound cards, for the Fiio, the keyboard disconnects when audio is played, and for the Focusrite, the USB controller seems like it's crashing, disconnecting and reconnecting all devices connected to it multiple times.

I tried it on Linux as well, Manjaro to be precise. In that environment, all USB devices stop working after ~5 seconds of connecting them to the PCIe USB cards.

In windows, I tried reinstalling the drivers for the controllers and disabling PCIe link state power management.

I will provide any and all details you request, also if you have any more suggestions where I should post this issue. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Nagarin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nagarin, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Deggs45 Win User

USB 3 PCIE Card issue

Reasus PCIE card installed and does work, but everytime i switch off my pc for a day or two and boot up my card does not get recognised and i have to reboot several times before it works. Trouble is my mouse and keyboard cannot function until this comes
    active?

Anyone have a clue what is going on??? Have re installed the drivers and all that stuff!! getting a little bit miffed every time i switch on...

Thanks in advance..

Deggs45, Jun 24, 2020
  3. InertDuckling20, Jun 24, 2020
  4. AlyMdr Win User

PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless

Renesas USB 3 PCIe NEC uPD720201 not detecting USB stick

I installed Renesas PCIe USB 3 card in my PC with windows 10 pro, it was detected by windows and look working OK, when I upgrade my windows 10 to the creator version, I noted the card can still present in the device manger but it is not detecting USB sticks
    or any external USB connected to it?I tried to update driver from the internet but windows search shows that the best driver is already installed for this device!

Is this driver issue or incompatibility with windows?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thank you

AlyMdr, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless

1. PCIe USB 3.0 card issues leave me clueless - Similar Threads - PCIe USB card

2. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  3. Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Configuration issues with Axagon 2.5gbps ethernet pcie card Realtek: I'm in the process of upgrading my homelab which has a couple of VLANs defined and in this process upgrading the network to a 2.5gbps one. I therefore ordered the above mentioned network card via Amazon as this card explicitly stated that it supports VLAN.After installing the...
  4. PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PCIe card issue...involving Windows 10?: Right then, I think through the process of elimination I might have the matter at hand, but not completely. At the end of January, I ordered a customer made PC for my workshop. Nothing spectacular, but good enough for my work. Specs: Gigabyte A320M-S2H Mainboard AMD4...
  5. Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised

Renesas USB 3 Pcie Card is not recognised: Long shot but had this problem for the past 6 months. I installed a Renesas USB 3 Pcie card and it worked great.....But every time I switch off my pc and leave it off for a few days, when I put it back on the card would sometimes work but a lot of the time it does not....I...
  6. Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue

Thundebolt 2 PCIE card issue: After updating to windows version 1909 thunderbolt PCIE card stop working. Update the bios to latest version and update the thunderbolt software but it didn't fixed. but when roll back to 1808 it work fine. Any Suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks, Alam...
  7. PCIE USB 3 not loading when switching on pc...?

PCIE USB 3 not loading when switching on pc...?: I have installed a Usb 3 pcie card which works fine, BUT! whenever I switch off my pc and switch back on several days later I have to re boot several times for it to show up and work on my pc. Drivers are up to date and Bios up to date. Does anyone have an idea as to why it...
  8. USB 3 PCIE Card issue

USB 3 PCIE Card issue: Reasus PCIE card installed and does work, but everytime i switch off my pc for a day or two and boot up my card does not get recognised and i have to reboot several times before it works. Trouble is my mouse and keyboard cannot function until this comes active? Anyone have a...
  9. Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card

Looking for PCIe to SATA 3 Add-in-card: I'm looking for a PCIe to SATA 3 add in card that actually works at X4 rates, that is, it must use all four lanes on the PCIe bus. The card can either provide sata connectors or permit insertion of a 2.5" SATA 3 SSD onto the card. Examples of the types of cards that would...
  10. Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot

Using a PCIe x1 card in a PCIe x16 slot: Here is something I recently found out. I have tired this and it works. You can use a PCIe x1 card, or a PCIe x4 card in a PCIe x16 slot. They work fine. So if you think you are short of PCI-e slots, you may not be. A shorter PCIe card works fine in a longer slot. On...