Windows 10: PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers

Discus and support PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Long story short... we have a local print server setup through which all of our networked printers are installed and shared to users' workstations.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Troy Pickett tpickett, Sep 1, 2021.

1. PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers

Long story short... we have a local print server setup through which all of our networked printers are installed and shared to users' workstations. We're trying to move away from using V3 drivers which requires local admin, that none of our end users have for security purposes and transition to V4 drivers so that our end users can freely install and use printers without assistance from IT. After swapping drivers, most of the devices have been successfully printing w/o issue, but some have been printing an additional PCL XL error page after the print jobs completion. The error page is as desc

:)

Troy Pickett tpickett, Sep 1, 2021

2. pcl xl error

Hi,

PCL XL errors only occur when using the pcl6 driver, use the pcl5 or postscript (ps) driver. This will correct errors received and the printer will print correctly.

Hope this helps

AnthonyBaratta1, Sep 1, 2021
  3. Error - Printing on Network printer

We have 4 printers on our Windows print server. The server was migrated from win2k3 to 2k8 on friday. 3/4 printers are working great, the other is having issues. When trying to print a test page to it, it gets a job status of Error - Printing.

When sending a small word document to it, it sends it to the printer, the queue is empty but nothing prints. If I goto the printer itself, it doesnt show any errors and I can print things such as information sheets and diagnostic files just fine.

All four printers are the same model, all 4 have a static IP. I can ping the printer successfully. I've tried printing from both an XP machine and the print server itself. I tried removing and adding the printer on the print server. And lastly, uunplugged the printer for 30 seconds, plugged it back in.

Any ideas?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 1, 2021
  4. PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers

PCL XL subsystem kernel error

"PCL XL error subsystem KERNEL" Suggest to the network administrator to change the printer settings to use the STANDARD printer driver for that make of printer. (i.e. For Hewlett-Packard printers, use the STANDARD "HP LaserJet" printer driver, for LexMark,
    use the STANDARD LexMark printer driver, etc.)

I hope this information helps. PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers :)

JeremyCountings, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers

1. PCL XL error page w/ each print job when using V4 driver on shared network printers - Similar Threads - PCL error page

2. Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4: Konica Universal Printer Driver PCL v.4 was installed in the print server Windows 2019. Some Konica BizHub printers were added, which use that driver and shared on the server.We have Windows 11, 10 and 2022 computers attached to the shared print queue and the driver was...
  3. Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Driver problem Konica Universal printer driver PCL v4: Konica Universal Printer Driver PCL v.4 was installed in the print server Windows 2019. Some Konica BizHub printers were added, which use that driver and shared on the server.We have Windows 11, 10 and 2022 computers attached to the shared print queue and the driver was...
  4. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  5. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...: Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows print jobs work fine. this problem happens with any printer that does not have the setting do not print blank pages in the settings on the printer, if the printer has the setting...
  6. Printer prints blank page after every print job only from networked print jobs all windows...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Network printing to a shared printer

Network printing to a shared printer: I have spent many hours on this and still have not found a solution.How can I reestablish the capability to print to a shared printer on a Windows 10 home network?All computers have 21H2 installed.I'm at a loss as to why Microsoft has still not solved this issue.A successful...
  8. PCL XL subsystem kernel error

PCL XL subsystem kernel error: How do I resolve this error in my HP LaserJet 600 M601 printer? Has printed fine for years but all of a sudden won't print anything but this error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcl-xl-subsystem-kernel-error/b922954b-628f-49a9-8a04-d8d116dfe130
  9. PCL XL errors

PCL XL errors: After Win10 update (WinVer 1807) my HP printer experiences PCL XL errors, internal error 0x50, file name chettext.c. PDF filles print without a problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pcl-xl-errors/7d880299-160d-42ab-9426-e685581d2bf5
  10. I have a PCL XL error

I have a PCL XL error: This error comes when trying to print multiple pages from a bank website for instance. My desktop is new and things aren't the way they were. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-have-a-pcl-xl-error/42e35765-0cf1-49a8-ab45-c9c2a4472fc5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com