Windows 10: PCs missing on one PC, there on others

Discus and support PCs missing on one PC, there on others in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi For some time now I've known about a problem with our home network in that various PCs cannot see other PCs whilst others can. We have a three PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TraceyW, Mar 1, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

PCs missing on one PC, there on others

Hi

For some time now I've known about a problem with our home network in that various PCs cannot see other PCs whilst others can. We have a three PC network. Two working PCs and spare generally used once per week. However, now my husband has a problem he needs to use the spare which involves the transfer of files between his PC and the spare and back again. Whilst he can access his own PC from the spare, his computer cannot access the spare due, due according to the error message (no error number), to problems with permissions!!!I'm afraid permissions have me well puzzled. I know how to apply permissions and have done so on both PCs but whatever I try does not work - his PC still cannot see the spare. As a result its making things awkward for him and I would like to get this sorted out once and for all.

So far I've added Everyone to the network groups/accounts available on both PCs and given Full Control on all shared drives (it is only the two of us here). But where I go from here I have no idea. I thought it might be an idea to reset all permissions but apparently it can only be done to folder level whereas I've got drives/partitions shared. So what can I do now to get our system working correctly? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tracey

PS The system currently is basically as follows:
    A can see and access both B and C
    B can see both A and C but can only access A
    C can see and access both A and B although no icon for B appears in Network
    A few weeks ago B had a clean install of Windows 10 Pro (upgrade from Home)

:)

TraceyW, Mar 1, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 1, 2019
  3. missing apps after reset to the PC

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have lost some apps after performing a reset to your PC. We will help you.

• Are you not able to access the Windows store?
    Before performing reset ensure you must have to select
    Keep my files. It will do the following,

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)
    So as you have performed the reset to your PC the apps are missing. We suggest you to download the applications again and check if it helps.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 1, 2019
  4. LRW
    lrw Win User

DVD drive missing from 'THIS PC'

Yes, I have tried uninstalling both the DVD/CD-ROM drives and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from device manager and rebooting. Not sure which controllers you are suggesting are missing. Also cleaned the laser.

Thema:

1. PCs missing on one PC, there on others - Similar Threads - PCs missing others

2. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.: Hi, I have fixed this a while ago, thought I would suggest a way to fix it! Firstly, I experienced issues crashing, whether in a game or watching a video, attending class. ETC. It would always freeze, make this annoying buzzing sound and the only way to fix it/ get out of it...
  3. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.: Hi, I have fixed this a while ago, thought I would suggest a way to fix it! Firstly, I experienced issues crashing, whether in a game or watching a video, attending class. ETC. It would always freeze, make this annoying buzzing sound and the only way to fix it/ get out of it...
  4. LENOVO pcs, or other pcs crashing for no reason.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Activation on one pc but not the other

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation on one pc but not the other: So I have a pc with a i3-4160 that when I use my ssd on it windows is activated since I upgraded from win 8 but i decided to switch to a slightly older pc with a i5 in it but when I use my ssd on the i5, windows isn't activated. I dont need it fixed exactly but its a...
  6. Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share PCs wifi internet with other PCs on the network: I have an unusual situation as I only have mobile hotspot at the moment, I have 2 PCs which are on a network router, but only one has a wifi dongle to connect to the mobile hotspot. Is that anyway I can share the internet with the other PC on the network through the one...
  7. 2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !

2 PCs, one slowing down internet of other !: This is ultra strange. I have 2 PCs. For the last 3 months I have been having issues where just one of the PCs internet would slow down from the usual 60mbps to 20mbps or less (only on single thread, multi-thread was fine). Normally the first 2 minutes of the computer being...
  8. USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.: A USB device (Garmin Oregon 750t) does not show when plugged in to the laptop. I have had it connected many times to this laptop without trouble. The device works fine when connected to other PCs. The USB ports work fine for other USB devices (external hard drive). Please...
  9. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network: I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop). Desktop and Server are both are connected by ethernet to the same router, with Laptop connecting to it via WiFi. Server and Laptop both see each...
  10. Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Start Icon & other Critical Issues - the SOLUTION for OEM PCs?: JimWynne, a Microsoft Insider pointed out to me that as my PC is OEM*** they (HP in my case) should resolve my problem - Windows Updates screwed up my new Win10 PC. I contacted HP via their new & improved HP Support Assistant on my desktop and they resolved my problem....