Windows 10: PDF Attachments in Windows 10

Discus and support PDF Attachments in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having trouble opening some PDF attachments in emails. Weirdly some open immediately while others just keep on 'thinking' with blue dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobJanes, Dec 6, 2020.

1. RobJanes Win User

PDF Attachments in Windows 10

I am having trouble opening some PDF attachments in emails. Weirdly some open immediately while others just keep on 'thinking' with blue dots circulating yet never open. What is the issue & how do I rectify it.

:)

RobJanes, Dec 6, 2020

2. Mail app won't show pdf attachments

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to see the PDF attachments in the Email received in Mail app and sent through Gmail from phone.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed on the PC?
    • Is the issue specific to PDF attachments or all file format attachments?
    • What is the recipient’s email account domain on the mail app?
    • Did you check the email on a web browser, if you are able to access the PDF attachments?
    • Did you try sending email with attachments from a different Email account, to check if notice the same issue?

If you are able to see the PDF attachments using a web browser and if this issue occurs only with PDF files, then we would suggest you to perform a reset of Mail app.

Reset App

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Mail & Calendar app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 6, 2020
  3. birdtims Win User
    Windows 10 Mail App, Gmail and Pdf Attachments

Emails sent with Pdf attachments do not appear with the pdf attachment in the Windows 10 mail app. the email shows but the attachment is missing. This happens for every email picked up from gmail with the default gmail account type and also manual configuration
    of a gmail account. Is this a known issue? Is there anywhere to see a list of bugs for the Mail app?

birdtims, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 Mail and missing PDF attachments

Hi Doug,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• When you say 'Windows mail' are you referring to Windows live mail or Mail app?
    • Are you able to get other attachments Word or Excel?

If you are using Mail app follow the steps below.

Run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps to resolve the issue

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Also install any pending updates on the pc to check if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know if you are able to get PDF attachments. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF Attachments in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - PDF Attachments

2. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  3. Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printing a pdf directly to outlook as an email attachment: I don't see this answered anywhere though it's been asked several times.I could do this on my Mac so I feel there should be a way in Windows. On my Mac, I could setup outlook as a destination for print as a pdf. This would open up a new email with the printed document...
  4. Whenever I try to click a PDF file when attaching it to email or a website, I always get...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to click a PDF file when attaching it to email or a website, I always get...: I'm to the point now where I'm going to create a whole new admin user account just to see if that fixes the issue.If I do this will I have to reinstall all the programs i previously installed?here is an image of what happens when I click the PDF when requested to upload...
  5. Whenever I try to click a PDF file when attaching it to email or a website, I always get...

Whenever I try to click a PDF file when attaching it to email or a website, I always get...: I'm to the point now where I'm going to create a whole new admin user account just to see if that fixes the issue.If I do this will I have to reinstall all the programs i previously installed?here is an image of what happens when I click the PDF when requested to upload...
  6. Whenever I try to click a PDF file when attaching it to email or a website, I always get...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Receiving winmail.dat attachments instead of PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving winmail.dat attachments instead of PDF: Hello, I am receiving winmail.dat attachments from 3 out of 4 people from the same office. They should be in PDF but instead are coming in as winmail.dat. Meanwhile I have them send it to my gf on her email and she receives them in PDF version....
  8. Receiving winmail.dat attachments instead of PDF

Receiving winmail.dat attachments instead of PDF: Hello, I am receiving winmail.dat attachments from 3 out of 4 people from the same office. They should be in PDF but instead are coming in as winmail.dat. Meanwhile I have them send it to my gf on her email and she receives them in PDF version....
  9. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....
  10. "Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email

"Message can'not be saved as draft" PDF won't attach to email: I have a 164.8kb pdf file that won't attach to my yahoo email. I get the error "Message cannot be saved as draft". Using Windows 7. Screenshot below. Any solution to this or a work around? Thank you....