Windows 10: PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

Discus and support PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul SW, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Paul SW Win User

PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it needs to show a preview of PDF within the existing Chrome window, the preview is broken hard to read, fonts not rendering correctly, blurred, pixelated.The last time I fixed this, I opened the Intel Graphics control panel and changed a setting to allow the app to decide how to display pages and not the Intel GPU. This was some years ago, and now I have the problem again, I see that the Intel Graphics control panel is substantially different and th

:)

Paul SW, Feb 3, 2022

2. Custom Driver : Intel HD Graphics & ATI Combo (Alpha) - by nIGHTmAYOR

according to laptop support page they do list an old downloadable driver for intel for windows 7 , weather this is related to there being several variants of that laptop or this laptop has switchable graphics i may just suggest you reset the bios and see if things change , if yes you may be able to apply step 2 , if not then apply step 4 and call it today , you are still better off being on the high performance gpu .

Out of curiosity can you take a snap shot from Settings > System > Display. Scroll down and click the “Graphics Settings” ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 3, 2022
  3. aeneas1 Win User
    Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if the other display (extended #2) is on, off, or set to different resolutions, it's always been rock solid, i.e. main display (#1) content always displays on the main display (#1), while extended display content (extended #2) always shows on the second display.

unfortunately things aren't running quite as smoothly on my new dual monitor setup, the extended display (#2) will often take over the main display (#1), depending on if if the second display is on, off, or set to a new resolution.

i noticed that with my new setup the intel graphics settings are different than the windows display settings - if i make display #1 the "main display" in the windows display settings it shows as display #2 in the intel graphics settings, and when i make display #1 the "main display" in the intel graphics settings it shows as display #2 in the windows display settings, weird.

i also noticed that the intel graphics on my new setup has more options under display than my old setup, including multiple display options (no doubt the drivers are newer on my new setup given the newer integrated graphics chip).

so i'm wondering, do the intel graphics settings override the windows display settings? the more i play around with the settings it appears that the prob may not exist if i ignore the windows display settings and just use the intel graphics settings?

new intel graphics settings:

PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe? chrome-2019-02-22-05-30-48.png

old intel graphics settings:

PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe? Gfxv4-0-2019-02-22-05-31-10.png

aeneas1, Feb 3, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

intel graphics setting

Hi Raj

Open Device Manager (accessible by right clicking your Start Button)

Expand the Display Adapters section

What device(s) do you see listed there, please provide the exact Model

If you right click your Desktop, on the resulting menu, what is the exact Name of the Intel app listed there, is it Intel Control Panel or Graphics Command Center?

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

1. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe? - Similar Threads - PDF display broken

2. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?: Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it needs to show a preview of PDF within the existing Chrome window, the preview is broken hard to read, fonts not rendering...
  3. PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF display broken in Chrome - conflict with Intel graphics settings maybe?: Hi all,One of users with a brand new HP laptop is experiencing a problem that we have seen before.When she is using a web app inside Chrome and it needs to show a preview of PDF within the existing Chrome window, the preview is broken hard to read, fonts not rendering...
  4. Intel Graphics conflict with Windows 10 pro 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Graphics conflict with Windows 10 pro 20H2: Hi, I recently bought a Zbook work station from HP, since I already have a Windows pro license I order it without OS jus DOS, it arrived I installed Windows and then updated Windows and all the drivers, I didn't notice until a couple of days later, when I unplugged...
  5. Display Settings Broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display Settings Broken: Hi, I have a problem with my settings. When I try to open the Display settings the app crashes.I published a video about that. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-broken/71218dec-d1a9-4e75-a1ec-0bd5bbbffeda
  6. intel graphics setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    intel graphics setting: intel graphics setting not responding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-graphics-setting/5de223ec-3cf2-400b-82e3-f7d06f43e0fe
  7. the settings of intel hd graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    the settings of intel hd graphics: hello every one i have a laptop Toshiba satellite c855-2cf and i have been intalled the graphics card (intel hd graphics 3000) but i didn't find the settings in the desktop in the right button , please someone help me i can't watch videos on HD 144677
  8. Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?: so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if the other display (extended #2) is on, off, or set to different resolutions, it's always been rock solid, i.e. main display...
  9. Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?

in Windows 10 Support
    Intel Graphics and Windows Display Settings - Different Main Displays?: so my office dual monitor pc setup has been up and running for years, with the "main display" (#1) always showing on the correct monitor, regardless if the other display (extended #2) is on, off, or set to different resolutions, it's always been rock solid, i.e. main display...
  10. intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    intel graphics & 'hardware acceleration' in chrome: 1. any reliable data on how good i5 2410m is? 2. and any evidence for what 'gpu acceleration' in chrome helps with? if not, ill turn it off 107120