Windows 10: PDF document closing automatically after short time open !!!! Windows 10 Home in S mode

Discus and support PDF document closing automatically after short time open !!!! Windows 10 Home in S mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, Just purchased a new laptop a few days ago, and when I try and open a pdf document it opens then closes after short time, say 10 seconds. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ck2020hp, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ck2020hp Win User

PDF document closing automatically after short time open !!!! Windows 10 Home in S mode

Hi All,

Just purchased a new laptop a few days ago, and when I try and open a pdf document it opens then closes after short time, say 10 seconds. I try again and the same thing happens.

Can anyone help, as this is driving me crazy!!!!! I have listed the laptop and operating system details below.

HP Pavilion x360 14-dh0024tu product number 6QX69PA

Windows 10 Home in S mode

Thanks in advance

:)

ck2020hp, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Open pdf documents with 2 different applications

Right click on each specific App and choose the pdf from the jump list.

Edwin, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Problem opening PDF Document in Windows Phones 10

Hello Jörg,

We appreciate bringing this up. You may encounter issues opening PDF files on your Windows 10 Mobile or Microsoft Edge after the latest update. We are aware of the issue and currently working to resolved it. In the meantime, we suggest that you
    download and install any PDF reader apps from the Store to access PDF files. Make sure to download or save the PDF files on your phone before accessing it. You can follow the steps below to open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. Once the PDF file is downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Kindlin Win User

PDF document closing automatically after short time open !!!! Windows 10 Home in S mode

Open a PDF viewer in windowed mode (NOT maximized, NOT minimized)

I am trying to force a PDF viewer (Bluebeam Revu) to always open in windowed mode, not full screen (maximized) and not minimized. Even for normal programs I see no way to do this, but for a PDF viewer where I open it 100% of the time by clicking on all
    these different individual PDFs, I really am not sure how I would go about forcing it to always open in windowed mode.

To further complicate the issue, if I make a shortcut to a pdf (for testing purpose only, only "Shortcuts" have the following options) and set it to always open minimized or maximized, nothing changes; it will always only open the same way that it had been
    closed (windowed or maximized) and none of the options changes that.

If you have any suggestions that would be great, because right now half the time I need to window mode the PDF, close it and re open it so that it starts windowed (I do use full screen most of the time, but there is a bug that can't allow it to _start_ full
    screen, hence the problem).

Thanks!

Kindlin, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF document closing automatically after short time open !!!! Windows 10 Home in S mode - Similar Threads - PDF document closing

2. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  3. Windows 10 Home S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home S mode: Need to disable s-mode on windows 10 home. have tried everything and it does not work. Any advice will be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-s-mode/56fbdbcc-e09d-44ad-85e2-6228a500d029
  4. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hello everyone! I have an older tablet - Lark Ultimate 7i Win, that was originally shipped with Windows 8. I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 a few years back, so currently the tablet is running on Windows 10 Home 32 bit with Online Activated license. Since it is a low-cost...
  5. Windows Search Bar closes shortly after opening it

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar closes shortly after opening it: Hello, every time I click the "type here to search" bar, it opens then closes. This is what I mean in video form: https://streamable.com/qh872mWhen I restart my computer and click "type here to search" it stays open but as soon as i start to type in it, it...
  6. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: I am attempting to switch out of S mode, but when I click "Get" in the Store screen it gives a "working on it" message and then nothing for hours! Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-in-s-mode/2849e2f2-e2ec-45e2-89a3-780af5c9a861
  7. Windows 10 home in S mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 home in S mode: If I buy a laptop with windows 10 in s mode will it absolutely be free to get it out of s mode. I want to be able to get apps outside the store. The website says that the laptop can be blocked from getting out of s mode. How common is this? submitted by /u/AlexBr967...
  8. windows 10 home s mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows 10 home s mode: Why am I not able to get off of s mode? I have followed every instruction that you have and videos that SHOULD help...I have even asked my tech friend...but nothing is working. This is so frustrating!! I need to download apps and I cannot because of Edge...is there a fix?...
  9. Windows 10 Home in S-mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S-mode: I just bought a new Lenovo computer with Windows 10 Home in S-mode. My question is this: If I get out of S-mode, do I still have Windows 10 Home running? Or am I forced to buy something else? Thank you. Ian...
  10. Windows 10 Home in S mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home in S mode: Hi, I have about 80 laptops i have purchased and it came with the Windows 10 Home in S mode. I want to switch over to the Windows 10 home. I now know how to do it, however; i cannot do this manually for all the 80 systems. Is there a easy way to do this across all devices?...