Windows 10: PDF document password protection

Discus and support PDF document password protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My wife doesn't know what she did, so what did happend; on screen appeared few times something about some pdf documents protection. So she just pressed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CriG0, Mar 17, 2019.

1. CriG0 Win User

PDF document password protection

My wife doesn't know what she did, so what did happend; on screen appeared few times something about some pdf documents protection. So she just pressed YES but didn't set a password ( that's what she claims ). Now when I try to access those documents it needs a password. I tried blanc, but no use. Any other pdf document can be accessed. Also, those 2 documents been downloaded from e-mail and they are some utility bills, so they are from trusted source. Can this protection be cancelled?

:)

CriG0, Mar 17, 2019

2. Password protected PDF document not opened with E7-00.

Dear all,

Password protected PDF document not opened with nokia E7-00. Previously I used nokia N79, that time I was able to open Password protected PDF file such as bank email statement etc. Now I can't.

It is quite disappointing with this phone !

arkaroy---01, Mar 17, 2019
  3. AP1_925 Win User
    OneDrive - Password protected PDF - comments and protection

Hi

I regularly use Onedrive to read PDFs via the OneDrive Viewer, on both Android and IOS11 App's without issue. I often use the in-built highlighter and comments tools to annotate PDF's again without any issues.

However I have a PDF issued by a 3rd Party which is password protected to prevent all actions (copying text, photos, comments, highlight etc) with the exception of opening the file. i.e. I can open the PDF without a password and read it. I have opened
    the file in Acrobat Reader DC, it confirms I cannot do anything except open and read the document.

When I use OneDrive viewer, it allows me to open this file, but also allow highlighting and comments etc, somehow side stepping the PDF protection. However when it comes to sync the file OneDrive then extends the password protection to also include opening
    the file. As a 3rd party set this password I can not longer access the file or see any of my comments....

Is this a known bug, something is not right here?

Andy

AP1_925, Mar 17, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

OneDrive - Password protected PDF - comments and protection

Hi APL, if the original file is password protected, try this:

Open the PDF on your PC

Choose Print

Select the Microsoft XPS Document Writer as the printer

Save the XPS document to your Desktop

Open the XPS Document and choose File - Print

Choose Microsoft Print to PDF

Save the PDF to your Desktop

You should then be able to Edit/annotate that PDF file . . .

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

1. PDF document password protection - Similar Threads - PDF document password

2. Password protected PDF and Excel files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Password protected PDF and Excel files: When i try to open a pdf file or excel file its saying password protect, please type in password. I can't remember what it was* Changed to a question* Original title: password protect...
  3. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  4. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve password protected documents: I password protected a few documents saved in a drive, and the password has been forgotten. I am in Windows 10, the files were saved and in a much older version. Can I retrieve them?...
  5. Retrieve password protected documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. password protection of documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    password protection of documents: How do I password protect a pdf using windows 11?I have tried this: If you are looking to password protect a file or folder on Windows 11, here's what you need to do:1. Right-click on a file or folder you want password protected2. Click on Properties3. Click on Advanced…4....
  7. password protection of documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    password protection of documents: How do I password protect a pdf using windows 11?I have tried this: If you are looking to password protect a file or folder on Windows 11, here's what you need to do:1. Right-click on a file or folder you want password protected2. Click on Properties3. Click on Advanced…4....
  8. Protected document

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protected document: How can I allow editing the document unrestricted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protected-document/6e405eaa-9795-4f6c-b7c0-e5e595d47a7e
  9. Opening password protected documents

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening password protected documents: So I just had my Windows 10 installed (I previously had Windows 7) and I had some word documents that I saved on my external hard disk that were password protected and I even uploaded them on my drive. And as you can imagine, I cannot open them right now neither from my hard...
  10. PDF document reduction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF document reduction: how do I reduce the size of a PDF document for a visa application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pdf-document-reduction/be104c52-2cad-4146-b28d-a35db03a57f0