Windows 10: PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

Discus and support PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A Curious (and frustrating) problem ... This morning, I tried to print a PDF document (11x17, 2-sided, full color, created to PDF by Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by David39560, Aug 13, 2018.

1. PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

A Curious (and frustrating) problem ...

This morning, I tried to print a PDF document (11x17, 2-sided, full color, created to PDF by Microsoft Publisher) using Adobe Acrobat. The document spooled and the print queue said "Printing...", then it disappeared from the print queue. The printer woke up, then went back to sleep WITHOUT printing the document.

Not that it matters, but the printer is a Ricoh Aficio SP C820DN, using the Ricoh Class Driver.

Printing to that printer from ANY other application (Word, Outlook, Publisher, Xara, Photoshop, InDesign, etc., regardless of color/BW, page size, duplexing) works just fine.

Curiously, printing a DIFFERENT document from Adobe Acrobat (8.5x11, full color, single-sided) to that printer also works JUST FINE!

I'm totally perplexed by this. Has anyone got a clue what's going on here? It's got me stumped.

Thanks in advance for any magic solutions you can offer.

-- David in Mississippi --

:)

David39560, Aug 13, 2018

2. Remaing Printing document in the spool

Hello,

I have a problem with my printer HP Officejet 6600, when I send a document for printing, the document is printed, but remaining in the clue, if I need to send a new document it is impossible to print. I try to delete manually, but the message that is shown
    is deleting document.

I would like to know how I can solve this issue because the idea is that after I print any document immediately must have to disappear of the spool and allow to print another document without any problem.

Thank you.

Jose Rujano

JoseRujano, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Print to PDF missing in Printer List

Hi William,

We suggest that you disable and re-enable the Print to PDF feature. Here are the steps:

• Click on the Start menu and type in Windows Features.
    • Choose Turn Windows features on or off.
    • On the next window, find Microsoft Print to PDF and disable it. Click
      OK to save changes.
    • Restart your PC.
    • Repeat the same steps to re-enable Microsoft Print to PDF.
    If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps suggested on the link below under
    Advanced:

Fix printer problems

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Aug 13, 2018
  4. PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

Printer not printing PDF it says sent to Documents

Whenever I try to print a PDF file it thinks for a few seconds and then windows 10 bings down at the bottom of the page and it says file sent to documents. Why is it doing this? Is it something with my printer or computer? How can I fix it?

AlexSparks27, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer

1. PDF Document Spools, Says "Printing," then Disappears, but never reaches the Printer - Similar Threads - PDF Document Spools

2. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  3. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer Won't Spool/Print: My Brother MFC-290C printer, which had been working, stopped, Windows won't open add printer, nor can I restart the printer spool, PLEASE help me reload and restart my printer on my Windows 10 HP laptop....
  4. Printer Won't Spool/Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...: windows 11 new pc installed xps viewer, twice, as there are different drivers. Looks fine, then print. Document disappears into never never land. Have not, cannot yet move files to this pc so I opened every document. None are the xps document. Have to say I would PAY to have...
  6. XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XPS printed Document disappears into never never land, never produces option to name the...: windows 11 new pc installed xps viewer, twice, as there are different drivers. Looks fine, then print. Document disappears into never never land. Have not, cannot yet move files to this pc so I opened every document. None are the xps document. Have to say I would PAY to have...
  7. Print spool

Print spool: Since upgrading to Windows 10, the print spool doesn't clear. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spool/c8e55deb-d98c-4e2c-8efe-726d29334411
  8. Print spool service running, jobs show complete then disappear nothing prints on all printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Print spool service running, jobs show complete then disappear nothing prints on all printers: Hi My printer is hard lined on my network with all functionality from the PC. Adobe PDF Converteron Documents\*.pdf HP DJ 2600 series PCL-3on WSD-**** I got an outside printer to test same issues. Any other PC, laptop, phone, table all can print on the network except this...
  9. Printer Spooling

Printer Spooling: Printer spooling way too long on my Epson ET 2750. Takes 20 minutes to print 3 or 4 pages. This only started about 3 weeks ago. Epson support said it was a Microsoft 10 issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Epson software and the problem still exists....
  10. Printing/not saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printing/not saving PDF documents: I don't know what changed on my computer, but I can no longer just print PDF documents. It makes me save them first. I can't figure out how to correct this. Help!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. document spools but never prints

2. printer spools but never prints

3. why can i print pdf file it spools then disappear

4. printer says spooling but no document prints,
  5. cant print say sprinting spooling and then disappears,
  6. printer says spooling then document disappears,
  7. printing from word never reaches network printer,
  8. why does it say spooling and then disappear,
  9. my printer spools but nothing prints,
  10. windows 10 pdf document disappears from print queue,
  11. why printer keep spooling but never print,