Windows 10: PDF Documents will only download

Discus and support PDF Documents will only download in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10...if I go to a site that has documents I need, ie, Vanguard, to print a statement...I click on the document, click print, it opens my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by denmarfl, Mar 31, 2020.

1. denmarfl Win User

PDF Documents will only download

Windows 10...if I go to a site that has documents I need, ie, Vanguard, to print a statement...I click on the document, click print, it opens my download Folder to save the document in. Once in that Folder I can than print the pdf document....

Why is that so?

:)

denmarfl, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Anna Bon Win User

PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Microsoft Edge Browser error for PDF documents

If you need to save the PDF files from a browser, we suggest downloading other browser from the Store.
    You can follow the steps below to download and open PDF files:

1. Download and install the UC browser and
      Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    2. Once installed, open UC browser and then visit the website from where you will download the PDF file.
      Tap the PDF file you wish to download > Click Regular Download.
    3. If PDF file was downloaded, go to App list >
      Xodo application > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Take note that you should uninstall any PDF reader applications installed on your phone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

3482be97-15ec-4271-be40-2f9a31b21207, Mar 31, 2020
  4. PDF Documents will only download

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

PDF Documents will only download

1. PDF Documents will only download - Similar Threads - PDF Documents download

2. PC system crashing after downloading Word document or PDF

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC system crashing after downloading Word document or PDF: Hi, I have been working at a school, and everything was fine until teachers one by one started to report their PC crashing and seeing the blue screen of death.I tested to see if I could replicate the error on my admin account on affected PC but it seemed fine, however, on...
  3. PC system crashing after downloading Word document or PDF

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC system crashing after downloading Word document or PDF: Hi, I have been working at a school, and everything was fine until teachers one by one started to report their PC crashing and seeing the blue screen of death.I tested to see if I could replicate the error on my admin account on affected PC but it seemed fine, however, on...
  4. saving a PDF to documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving a PDF to documents: how do I save a PDF document . I have never had an issue before. But when I work on the document I have down loaded , save as a doc, when I open it, it's blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-pdf-to-documents/099e2bb1-5973-4ceb-9708-c0f04a1601fe
  5. saving pdf in documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving pdf in documents: I have windows 10. Several updates back, I lost the ability to save pdf documents in the document folder on my desktop. No following updates have corrected this problem. I tried signing on as the administrator, still it didn't work, I recently bought a laptop, windows 10, had...
  6. PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print

PDF document only saves as a HTML file with no option to print: I received a document clearly marked as a PDF but when I downloaded it it was saved as HTML file and it won't give me an option to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-document-only-saves-as-a-html-file-with-no/4a2d40f0-c14c-4d82-b99a-3de82931d3ff"
  7. Scanned documents will only save to "Downloads" flolder

Scanned documents will only save to "Downloads" flolder: My HP Photosmart 6520e will scan but the file will not save to any folder other than downloads. It has always worked well until yesterday. It has been some time since it was used so there may be an update to Win 10 that changed things. I reloaded and updated the printer...
  8. Emailing a pdf document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Emailing a pdf document: Hi, I am trying to email a document I have typed and saved as pdf but when I email and check the attached document it comes out different to what I have typed. Can you help please....
  9. PDF document reduction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF document reduction: how do I reduce the size of a PDF document for a visa application? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pdf-document-reduction/be104c52-2cad-4146-b28d-a35db03a57f0
  10. Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem printing to PDF and saving PDF documents: I am experiencing problems with Win 10 TP to save any office document to a PDF format and also to print them to PDF document using virtual printers like Nitro PDF and PDF Creator. Any solutions to this issue? 3523