Windows 10: PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

Discus and support PDF file association is hijacked by Edge in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Hawke, Jun 17, 2022.

1. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what I try...I tried everything in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-file-association-keeps-being-hi-jacked-by-edge/9318a833-6e0d-4918-a7e6-328b05523337I tried changing registry keys as mentioned here: https://www.winability.com/how-to-stop-microsoft-edge-from-hijacking-pdf-files/but I can'

:)

John Hawke, Jun 17, 2022

2. How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations ...every time i run windows 10 the default app of pdf and html be Edge

houssemlameche, Jun 17, 2022
  3. popanot Win User
    Edge continues to hijack my pdf

This is an issue that has been going on since Windows 10 came out. Your suggested 'fix' fixes the issue temporarily, but a simple restart or a Win10 update quickly resets everything back to Edge. How about MS stop jacking with the registry settings and allow
    users to control their own machines rather than constantly hijacking apps to point to inferior MS products? Shouldn't setting the PDF association to open with Adobe (or any file/app association) be permanent? Yes, it should! So why does MS keep hijacking
    it?

Gives us solution!!! Fix it!!!

popanot, Jun 17, 2022
  4. MLRoth Win User

PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

Edge Hijacked my pdf Files

I went through the steps. Windows 10 is properly updated. No matter what I do I can't change the .pdf file association from Edge. If i check the .pdf box on window below and hit save, Windows ignores this and keeps the file association with Edge. I've
    tried every other method of reassigning to Acrobat - Settings/default apps, Properties/change, etc. Nothing works.

PDF file association is hijacked by Edge ddd43fec-c8fb-408a-8c96-6a8c8bee4a41.png

MLRoth, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

1. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge - Similar Threads - PDF file association

2. Microsoft Edge hijacks .pdf extension at every Windows initialization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge hijacks .pdf extension at every Windows initialization: Hello MIcrosoft , That´s not a question but a complaint. It's an old issue that had given me for some time a respite but now is back and much worse than before. Since last update Microsoft Edge has hijacked .pdf extension at every damn morning as I start up Windows. I believe...
  3. Microsoft Edge hijacks .pdf extension at every Windows initialization

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge hijacks .pdf extension at every Windows initialization: Hello MIcrosoft , That´s not a question but a complaint. It's an old issue that had given me for some time a respite but now is back and much worse than before. Since last update Microsoft Edge has hijacked .pdf extension at every damn morning as I start up Windows. I believe...
  4. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  5. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  6. How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations: How to Stop Edge From Hijacking my PDF or HTML Associations ...every time i run windows 10 the default app of pdf and html be Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-from-hijacking-my-pdf-or-html/fe4af742-09a2-4e05-9eba-c9caed4c8a6d
  7. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge: Windows 10 Enterprise I don't want to use Edge. I use Chrome and Acrobat Reader DC. This happens to me constantly... I have the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC and Chrome, and Edge keeps stealing .PDF, but no other extensions. I have tried all of the proper...
  8. Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF

Stop Microsoft Edge from hijacking my default PDF: My windows and Edge are up-to-date. When I launch a PDF file on a website, Edge will take over and requires I save the file, and then presents an icon on the screen which I click to open it in a tab. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC is my Windows default, and is ignored by the...
  9. Edge keeps hijacking PDF

Edge keeps hijacking PDF: Good day Support i have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing the registry and set Edge to NoOpen, that did not help, i updated my windows to latest version, still having the same issue, may you please provide me with a working solution?...
  10. Edge Hijacking?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Hijacking?: Is this a highjacking? Did scans with Defender, Mbam, Adwcleaner and Hitman Pro, which none detected. Could not open Edge without it appearing. Finally solved with a backdated recovery. 22737