Windows 10: PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice

Discus and support PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have WPS Office installed and it keeps hi-jacking the file association for PDF files. I have tried right clicking a PDF file and changing its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HughColbert, Apr 5, 2020.

1. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice

I have WPS Office installed and it keeps hi-jacking the file association for PDF files.

I have tried right clicking a PDF file and changing its association to Edge - this works for a while then changes back to WPS Office.

I have gone into WPS Office settings and UN-checked PDF file associations in the file format associations section and this has stayed unchecked.

Nothing works.

Does anyone else have a solution to this?

:)

HughColbert, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Sandeleh Win User

PDF file and associated programs/apps

I use WPS Writer for word processing and every time there is an update to the suite it overwrites PDF-Xchange Editor as the default PDF app. I know how to change it back, but having to scroll all the way down that long list is tiresome. Is there some trick
    to keep WPS from appropriating the PDF files?

And, while I'm here - how about a search in the file type list and associated programs/apps list?

Thanks in advance for any help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Sandeleh, Apr 5, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    machine keeps refusing to open pdf files

Probably broken association with PDF files. You can right-click on a PDF file, select Open With and then Choose another app. This will list all the applications that can handle PDF files, but there will also be a checkbox to make the chosen application default. Select the application you want from the list and check the box to associate PDF files with that application. You can also install Adobe Reader which I think is best for PDFs and associate PDF files with that.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2020
  4. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice

1. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by WPS Offiice - Similar Threads - PDF file association

2. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  3. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file association is hijacked by Edge: Hello! Edge is set as the default app for pdf files even though I never wanted this... the thing is that Edge should be fully uninstalled since I've used 3rd party scripts to remove bloat from my windows system, but now I can't change file associations for pdfs no matter what...
  4. PDF file association is hijacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PDF Associations Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Associations Changing: On multiple comptuers Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge keep switcing the associations. So all PDF are opening through these browsers even when Adobe DC is installed on the computer. Some things I have tried:- Uninstalling Chrome- Clearing temp files- Switching the associations...
  6. PDF Associations Changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Associations Changing: On multiple comptuers Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge keep switcing the associations. So all PDF are opening through these browsers even when Adobe DC is installed on the computer. Some things I have tried:- Uninstalling Chrome- Clearing temp files- Switching the associations...
  7. PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF file association keeps being hi-jacked by Edge: Windows 10 Enterprise I don't want to use Edge. I use Chrome and Acrobat Reader DC. This happens to me constantly... I have the latest version of Acrobat Reader DC and Chrome, and Edge keeps stealing .PDF, but no other extensions. I have tried all of the proper...
  8. MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Edge and PDF files - High-jacked: What has happened with my Adobe Acrobat XI and MS Edge. Whenever I want create or open a PDF file, MS Edge takes over and displays the file. This is a recent occurrence, but it persists. Even though Acrobat asks me to make it my default for PDF files, which I do, Edge is...
  9. Can't keep file associations

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't keep file associations: I'm pretty sure this is a 1809 shenanigan but I'll post it anyway. I just made a clean install of Win10 and since the reinstall I can't make the file associations "stick". When I try to open a file that has no association, I can select the program I want to open it with, but...
  10. Change file association button is missing for PDF files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change file association button is missing for PDF files: I have a very strange behaviour in Windows 10 Pro. After the fresh build Change... file association button is missing for PDF files (see attached picture). [ATTACH] Changing the file association from settings or Adobe Reader application prompts for cues UAC and even if...