Windows 10: Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it...

Discus and support Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Do I need to download other app to open the pdf? But before I accidentally open via notepad, it's looking fine and no other app is needed submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/oko-tot, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it...

Do I need to download other app to open the pdf? But before I accidentally open via notepad, it's looking fine and no other app is needed

submitted by /u/oko-tot
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/oko-tot, Apr 15, 2021

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 15, 2021
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it...

saving letters from NOTEPAD

Hi Ron,

This issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with using
    Notepad. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Do you have an Office program installed on your computer? This enables the
      Clipboard feature to let you copy and paste texts.
    • What is your method of copying a text?
    • In what program are you trying to attempt to paste your letters copied from
      Notepad?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase questions and concerns in our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it...

1. Pdf file downloaded become code letter after using notepad to open it, how do I change it... - Similar Threads - Pdf file downloaded

2. How do I download Windows Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Windows Notepad: how do I download Microsoft Notepad<Changed to a question> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-notepad/045ec197-8e78-4adf-b4c5-3b95f4e12bbe
  3. how do I open PDF's?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I open PDF's?: For some unknown reason, I can no longer open any PDF on Windows or Google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-pdfs/02e81d57-18ec-4cdb-a1b8-127791fc5eab
  4. how do I open PDF's?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I open PDF's?: For some unknown reason, I can no longer open any PDF on Windows or Google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-pdfs/02e81d57-18ec-4cdb-a1b8-127791fc5eab
  5. How do I open txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  6. How do I open txt files with notepad?

How do I open txt files with notepad?: This is what happens when i try to open a text file with notepad going to a text file -> open with -> notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-open-txt-files-with-notepad/b007ebf1-b550-4e34-8b96-4d4033f02b3c
  7. why when i download a file it opens with notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    why when i download a file it opens with notepad: When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop. 153024
  8. DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD: So I'm trying to download the bios update for my asrock motherboard but when I go to open and extract the files they open in notepad, this also happens with any other downloads as well, I've tried many different solutions including saving the file and trying to open it with...
  9. How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list recently opened Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of recently open Notepad files. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ? UPDATE: When I left click and right click several times, there...
  10. How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?

How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of Notepad files that have not been explicitly closed. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?...