Windows 10: pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

Discus and support pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I downloaded this pdf and I can't open it, delete it, or edit it at all. It just sits there. The file name is wrong too since it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kaaamo, Mar 23, 2020.

1. kaaamo Win User

pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

Hi there,

I downloaded this pdf and I can't open it, delete it, or edit it at all. It just sits there.

The file name is wrong too since it contains characters like - or $ etc, but somehow it got saved on desktop. I have tried to use the cmd method but it returns "System cannot find the path specified".

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Much appreciated!! Thanks.

pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name 6e1f2193-d58f-40aa-9fe1-72217595cee3?upload=true.png

:)

kaaamo, Mar 23, 2020

2. Cant Delete Files From Desktop

Well, ran into a weird bug with vista, for some reason i cant delete files from desktop, this normaly happens to .exe files, the ONLY fix seems to be to KILL explorer.exe, and delete the file, then restat explorer, anybody got any idea why this happens?

Rebo&Zooty, Mar 23, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 23, 2020
  4. pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

Can't delete PDF file from Win 10 desktop with a long file name

I created a file using a pdf printer and saved the it to my desktop.

The file appears on the desktop; however, I can't do anything with it. I can't open it, delete it, change its name or anything else.

I want to delete it.

I've tried right click and then delete, shift delete, using File Explorer to delete it, using the "cmd" function to try to delete it, looked for a short name (none present) and used PowerShell and nothing works. I've rebooted several times, but that doesn't
    seem to do anything.

The file name is: "ReporterMcCabe on Twitter_ _The ring seems to confirm that one of those killed was Qassim Soleimani, the leader of the Iranian Quds forces. It would not surprise me if the mullahs are grateful to have Soleimani out of the way. He built
    the box in whic.pdf"

Stored and appearing as a PDF file on my desktop.

How do I delete this file?

BrianNoLastName, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name

1. pdf file on desktop cannot be deleted weird file name - Similar Threads - pdf file desktop

2. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  3. PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF file appeared on desktop with random name and cannot be deleted: Hello,In my wife's laptop's desktop it just appeared a random PDF file with a really long and random name full of gibberish. It looks like the file has appeared from thin air and cannot be moved or deleted.I've been searching about this but none of the issues I've found are...
  4. Unable to delete, scan, or rename a weird PDF file on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete, scan, or rename a weird PDF file on my desktop.: I have a pdf file on my desktop that is named a long string of letters and a few dashes that I can't delete. I don't know where this file came from, but when I try to delete, rename, or Norton scan it, I am met with the message: "the system cannot find the path specified."...
  5. Unable to delete, scan, or rename a weird PDF file on my desktop.

Unable to delete, scan, or rename a weird PDF file on my desktop.: I have a pdf file on my desktop that is named a long string of letters and a few dashes that I can't delete. I don't know where this file came from, but when I try to delete, rename, or Norton scan it, I am met with the message: "the system cannot find the path specified."...
  6. Pdf file cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  7. Pdf file cannot be deleted

Pdf file cannot be deleted: Hi all,I need some help as I have 2 pdf files on desktop and I can't delete/rename/move literally nothing.Tried already all the advices who has been posted in old post, still no fixing the issue.They have been downloaded from a trust site tutoring site .First time asking here...
  8. Weird file that cannot be deleted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird file that cannot be deleted: Hi. I installed Linux lite in Oracle VBox a few weeks ago. Yesterday, I found this folder named 'LinuxLite' on my games drive. The folder contains an similarly named .webm video. It's a 18 seconds long video of the installation. It has 177 kB. I didn't create that. Neither...
  9. Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete or move pdf file on desktop: I have a pdf file on my desktop with a very long name that I cannot delete, rename, or move. Every attempt fails. I get no error message telling me that the file is in use by another program...it simply won't disappear or allow me to change its name. I have tried running...
  10. File name starts with an underscore "_" cannot be deleted on the desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name starts with an underscore "_" cannot be deleted on the desktop.: Hi, I was saving an pdf article in Chrome via the print function on my account desktop. After reading that i tried to delete it but the delete function gives me no response, which usually there is a prompt box to confirm whether I wish to put to the recycling bin. The...