Windows 10: PDF file size

Discus and support PDF file size in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I make PDFs using my Canon MG6150 PIXMA and Acrobat XI, the resultant files are huge e.g. 15Mb. How can I set the file size or compress the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheresaHackett, Sep 6, 2018.

1. PDF file size

When I make PDFs using my Canon MG6150 PIXMA and Acrobat XI, the resultant files are huge e.g. 15Mb. How can I set the file size or compress the file size so I can transmit the PDFs without incurring problems with email servers?

Thanks

:)

TheresaHackett, Sep 6, 2018

2. Windows 10 Scan App - PDF File Sizes Too Large

Hi Teja,

There are several reasons why the scanned file as PDF gets too large. Here are the most common causes:

• Dot Per Inch (DPI) - Most scanners will use 300 DPI for scanning images, which is the minimum DPI for the images that were printed after scanning. However, 72 DPI should be already enough for a PDF that is for screen reading.
    • Saving the document as colored - Use black and white instead of color when scanning images to lessen file size. Make sure that any color settings such as
      Color Depth are also decreased.
    If the suggestions have been tried but the PDF file size is still too large, the next option is to check the PDF software that is performing the conversion itself.

Let us know if you were able to lessen the PDF file sizes using the suggestions above or if you need further assistance.

Eileen Gal, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Anna Bon Win User
    PDF

Hello,

Regarding your PDF documents, the location will be based on where you saved the files. For your second inquiry, your documents can be converted to a PDF. If the original file is from Office Word, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In Word, select File > Save As.

• Select where you want to save the file.

• Type a new File name if you want.

• For Save as type, select PDF.

• For Optimize for, select an option: Standard or
      Minimum Size.

• Select Open File After Publishing, if you want to open the file after you save it as a PDF. This is selected by default.

• Select Save.
    If the steps provided is not working, please get back to us with the exact version of your Office Word.

Let us know the result of the suggested steps.

Thank you.

Anna Bon, Sep 6, 2018
  4. PDF file size

Searching in PDF?

Hey guys, I need to look up a large list of data from a PDF file, basically just to check if each entry of the list is in the pdf. Is there some way to do this without having to check one by one?

ebolamonkey3, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

PDF file size

1. PDF file size - Similar Threads - PDF file size

2. How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove file size appearing in file name when uploading a pdf?: I'm attempting to upload a file to a website no brackets permitted. My saved file name doesn't contain any brackets but the upload failed. The rejection of the uploaded file showed the file name as including the file size in brackets after .pdf. Please can anyone assist as to...
  3. PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF file: I can no longer delete a PDF from desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-file/565df636-25fe-4681-926c-f37733a12dae
  4. PDF file

PDF file: I can no longer delete a PDF from desktop . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-file/565df636-25fe-4681-926c-f37733a12dae
  5. Microsoft Print to PDF file size relative large

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Print to PDF file size relative large: I have a text document that contains 95 pages with black and white text only.If I use Microsoft Print to PDF, the file size is 45033KBIf I use another PDF printer such as PDF Creator, the file size is only 594KBI prefer to use Microsoft Print to PDF if the file size can be...
  6. Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files

Preview pane sizing issue for pdf files: Hello, I have been using my hp laptop with a Dell extension monitor for over a year. Lately, I have updated my hp to Windows 10 and have an issue with the preview pane in file explorer since after. The preview pane looks normal on my hp laptop, but when I drag the file...
  7. PDF files

PDF files: How do I merge two PDF files into one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-files/b111154a-491e-49e7-8566-3aa89c84d780"
  8. How to compress PDF file size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to compress PDF file size?: I have generated pdf's using rdlc and then combine multiple pdf files to single document using itextsharp pdfsmartcopy class. But my pdf size is large, i want to reduce the size of pdf. I have tried compression using itextsharp but that's unable to compress. When i upload the...
  9. Printing size of a pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing size of a pdf: I am wishing to enlarge the image size of a pdf when printing. I want the margins/borders to be smaller (or nonexistent) when printed. I have done this on computers before, but this Surface laptop and latest version of Windows are new to me and I'm not seeing the option to...
  10. PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF Files: I have downloaded windows 10 and since then have been unable to amend or type in existing PDF files. Has anyone else experienced this problem. 38213

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to lessen file size before scanning