Windows 10: PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

Discus and support PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi All, Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scramjet, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Scramjet Win User

PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

Hi All,
    Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a clean install of Windows or install a different app. I recently installed Perfect PDF 9 Editor so I could read and edit any PDF file. I set the default app to Perfect PDF 9 and all seemed well. I right-click on a PDF file and select open with Perfect PDF 9 and check the box to open always. When it opened a popup came up and asked if I wanted to make Perfect PDF 9 my default. I clicked yes and all seemed fine. closed that PDF file and opened another and get same popup. I go to app default settings and Edge is set to open a PDF. I have tried a lot of google instructions on how to set the PDF file to associate to Perfect PDF 9 but every time Windows resets it back to Edge.
    I have even went into edge and set the site permissions to externally but nothing will stop Windows from resetting it back to Edge.So for days now I have to always right-click a pdf and open with Perfect PDF or if I forget it will open in Edge.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Scramjet, Sep 8, 2020

2. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 8, 2020
  3. Edwin Win User

Works here as Admin...

PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 8, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Hi, I have that installed. My default prog was Sumatra - perfectly stable.

I have just used Open With to set Perfect PDF... as default, then checked Settings. Stable so far.

Do you have any Adobe products installed, or an old version of Winzip?

Using this program you can readily see more detail:

- and verify the change was written to the registry
    Also note that different programs are assigned for different purposes.

What leads to a pdf opening in Edge after having assigned it to Perfect Pdf? Log off/on? Restart?

I happen to be running as admin.

dalchina, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue - Similar Threads - PDF files Microsoft

2. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  3. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge: Something has recently changed with Edge and PDF files. The PDF file can be opened with no issues but as soon as you make changes to it, a star appears on the file name and it can't be saved anymore. The save & save as options on the top are greyed out. There's no way to...
  4. Saving problem with PDF files on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge keeps opening PDF files: Good day Supporti have problem with Edge keeps on hijacking my PDF, i have tried changing default app to adobe acrobat , but after a reboot edge becomes the default app. Please help ?Edge is up to date. Microsoft EdgeVersion 92.0.902.73 Official build 64-bitAcrobat reader is...
  6. PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF files and Microsoft Edge Issue: Hi All, Normally you can associate a file type with any app that works with that type of file. I have always changed a file type of a app when I do a clean install of Windows or install a different app. I recently installed Perfect PDF 9 Editor so I could read and edit any...
  7. Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing on Microsoft Edge Pdf file: I recently bought Microsoft Surface Go. Every time I open a pdf file it opens with Microsoft Edge, although, I can use the pen and write on the document but what about if I want to type on the document? Is there an option? If not what can I do to make it accessible? Can I...
  8. copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy and past pdf file in microsoft edge: I'm unable to copy and paste sections of a pdf file in microsoft edge but I'm unable to. Why is this so difficult? Everything was fine when I did this with the reader app. Please help....
  9. microsoft edge keep opening PDF files

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge keep opening PDF files: Yes I have done that without joy still Microsoft Edge keeps hijacking my .pdf files. [img]
  10. Microsoft Edge PDF file problems

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge PDF file problems: Typical MS I typed this message in and MS decided I was not logged in - so I logged in and lost the message - had to type it all again! Warning to you all - make a copy of your message before you submit your message. Microsoft Edge (MSE) is MS new offering in Windows 10...