Windows 10: Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

Discus and support Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my pdf files are being saved as photos but I am ticking the pdf box. What am I doing wrong?? And then computer won't open. Says it wrong path or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VickiParker242, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

All my pdf files are being saved as photos but I am ticking the pdf box. What am I doing wrong?? And then computer won't open. Says it wrong path or don't have latest version - photos last updated on 12.01.2022. Even a word doc saved as pdf gets the photo icon and pdf in file path but won't open unless I specifically ask for adobe.

:)

VickiParker242, Jan 26, 2022
  2. J.C.L.Jr Win User

Problems "Printing" pdf Files from the Photos App

Jeffrey, thanks for the advice. I completed the first 3 steps and tested the creation of a pdf file from Photos. The file was created but the file name was wrong -- the file name was from a previously created pdf file. So I downloaded and executed the
    repair tool from the Microsoft Store. It indicated it had found and corrected a problem. I decided to rerun it to see if I would get a clean report but this time ran the repair tool from the Settings Troubleshoot menu. It reported no errors. I then tested
    creating a pdf from Photos and the process stopped before the file was created. I tested creating a pdf from Word and Chrome and both worked. Believing the Troubleshoot tool might be the culprit, I repeated your instructions. That time I saw random results:
    sometimes a file was created from Photos and sometimes it was not. But the consistent problem was the fie name was not as I typed in the pdf Save As dialog box but a name from a previously created pdf file. BTW, I restarted multiple times after making changes
    and each time I saw an inconsistent result. I'm now looking at the Creating Adobe PDF popup box. The file was created but the box was not closed and the progress bar is at about 50%. The file name in the Document Name box is not the same as the file name
    that I actually printed, but is the name assigned to the file albeit with a pdf extension rather than the docx extension as shown in the box. In the PDF Progress area, the file shown after "Ready" is the name of a pdf file I created then deleted yesterday
    while troubleshooting. And the "PDF Name" shown is the file name from the jpg file I was attempting to print with a pdf extension. So in addition to not executing properly, the various file names are inconsistently displayed and used.

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Photos or it's implementation of Acrobat since I am not seeing any of these problems from Office or other applications. Any ideas?

J.C.L.Jr, Jan 26, 2022
  3. DaMulta Win User
    Combining 1000s of PDF files with drag and drop

OK I need to know how many files I have. The problem is that there is more than one file per PDF.

Is there a was to combine all of them into one PDF drag and drop stile by the 100s?

DaMulta, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

Pdf file

Hello Bhaumik,

For you to download and access the PDF files, please follow the steps below:

• Please download and install the UC browser and Xodo PDF Reader & Editor from Windows Store.
    • Once installed, please download the PDF file from a web page using the
      UC browser
      by tapping the PDF file you wish to download > Click
      Regular Download
    • Once the PDF file is downloaded, please go to App list >
      Xodo application
      > Menu icon > Recent Documents > tap the
      PDF file you've downloaded from UC browser.

Please note that if you have an existing PDF Reader application installed on your phone, we suggest that you uninstall it first.

Let us know if this works for you.

Gerald Mal, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

1. Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name - Similar Threads - Pdf files are

2. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  3. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't print pdf files or photo filed: For the past weeks I cannot print any photos or pdf on my HP printer. I can only print text files from notepad and when I try pdf it will gives me an error default for the printer....
  4. Can't print pdf files or photo filed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  6. can't print pdf or photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't print pdf or photo files: HiSince 3 weeks I can't print pdf file or photo with my Samsung printer CLP415 Ethernet wired.I can only print simple notepad++ text file or the windows printer Test page. When I try to print the pdf fileafter few minutes I got a message "the printer can't print pdf file and...
  7. Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pdf files are being saved by computer as photo files photo icon but .pdf in the file path name: All my pdf files are being saved as photos but I am ticking the pdf box. What am I doing wrong?? And then computer won't open. Says it wrong path or don't have latest version - photos last updated on 12.01.2022. Even a word doc saved as pdf gets the photo icon and pdf in file...
  8. Saving a PDF file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving a PDF file: Why has Edge stopped allowing me to save a PDF file to my computer? I always could but now have to use Chrome to get the option. Very frustrating. Rita Harris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-pdf-file/6582635a-c723-43bf-96c8-081a5f6586d1
  9. Saving .pdf files

Saving .pdf files: How do you save a .jpg file as a .pdf file? This is probably a novice question but I just can't figure it out! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-pdf-files/b0e8f9a1-b445-4b95-a8eb-926463c5e050"
  10. Saving PDF files

Saving PDF files: Lately I have not been able to save PDF files. I can print them but cannot save them. this is the same for all folders. I tried to remove any "Read Only" settings. I can save Word documents etc. So this seems specific to PDF files. I go to "Save As" and type in a...