Windows 10: .pdf files default program keeps changing

Discus and support .pdf files default program keeps changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to have my Adobe 9.0 to be my default program for .pdf files. I have tried right clicking on the file in file explorer, clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emilia Solorzano, Feb 17, 2021.

1. .pdf files default program keeps changing

Hello,

I am trying to have my Adobe 9.0 to be my default program for .pdf files. I have tried right clicking on the file in file explorer, clicking open with, and choosing Adobe 9.0 and selecting set as default app. However, once I go back to the file explorer and click on the file to open it, it automatically opens with Adobe DC. Is there a way that I can stop this from happening? I want everything to open with Adobe 9.0 not with Adobe DC reader.

Thanks!

-E

:)

Emilia Solorzano, Feb 17, 2021
  2. NS_2017 Win User

Edge keeps replacing Adobe as default PDF viewer

Microsoft Edge keeps reverting to the default PDF viewer and it's extremely frustrating. I believe it occurs whenever I unzip files using winzip. I know how to reset the default application but it's time consuming doing it once or twice every day and shouldn't
    be necessary.

Why does it keep changing back to Microsoft Edge and how can I stop this?

Can i remove Microsoft Edge completely?

Why does Adobe not appear in the default programs list? How can I add this to the list as if it did appear the steps to change the default viewer would be quicker.

NS_2017, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Make Adobe Pro default PDF program

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you trying to set the program as default?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down to “.pdf” extention and click on the corresponding app on the right side of the extention and change it to Adobe and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2021
  4. .pdf files default program keeps changing

microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

.pdf files default program keeps changing

1. .pdf files default program keeps changing - Similar Threads - pdf files default

2. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  3. How to change the default app for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change the default app for .pdf files: I'll use F as shorthand for one of my .pdf apps. I'll use P as shorthand for the other .pdf app. I prefer not to use the names of apps that compete with one another. P is currently the default app for .pdf files. I want to change the default to F.Then I scroll down the list...
  4. Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files: Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files to edge everytime I open a pdf with a adobe program.My pdf program is Foxit and I really want that windows keeps the settings I change....
  5. Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files: Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files to edge everytime I open a pdf with a adobe program.My pdf program is Foxit and I really want that windows keeps the settings I change....
  6. Windows is resetting default programs for .pdf files

7. default printer keeps changing to pdf printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    default printer keeps changing to pdf printer: My default printer is always set to my regular paper printer. Occasionally when I 'print to pdf' windows 10 keeps changing my default printer to the pdf and I have to manually go back to the settings and change it to my preferred printer.The 'let windows manage my default...
  8. I cant change my default program in Windows 10 for .pdf files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant change my default program in Windows 10 for .pdf files: I cant change my default program in Windows 10 for .pdf files. They are supposed to open with Adobe Reader, but now open with Photoshop. [The default app is Reader.]...
  9. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I complained about this a while ago and followed the suggestion of another ListMember. Well, like the Borg, Windows has adapted. I prefer Adobe for my pdf reader, but as many times as I change the default to Adobe, Windows keeps changing it back to Edge (lousy pdf...
  10. PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed

PDF Default App Keeps Getting Changed: I prefer Adobe Reader for pdf files, but no matter how many times I set the default app to Adobe, it keeps getting changed back to MS Edge. How do I put a stake in this vampire !! ?? Thanks, Richard S. 98032