Windows 10: Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

Discus and support Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have three computers in my home connected through LAN. Two of the computers run on windows 7 and 1 computer runs on windows 10. I have shared a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Silambarasan A, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

Hi,

I have three computers in my home connected through LAN. Two of the computers run on windows 7 and 1 computer runs on windows 10. I have shared a folder from a windows 7 pc and mapped network drive on other two. Here is what the problem is... Pdf files in network drive takes too long to open in windows 10 pc whereas in windows 7 it opens immediately. 400MB pdf file takes about 40 seconds to open in windows 10. Right clicking on them also takes same amount of time. The problem is only with pdf files. Other files such as large video files open quickly. I thought this was due to network drive. But I don't have any issues in windows 7 pc. When I placed the pdf file in local drive and open it, it opens quickly and right clicking on them takes about 3 seconds delay. and also tried different pdf readers thinking pdf reader might not be compatible with windows 10. the result is same with every pdf readers. Please help!

Silambarasan A

:)

Silambarasan A, Oct 11, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

Acrobat Reader on Adobe Support Community

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

I need to convert Quattro pro files to windows Office 2007

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/ha010448731033.aspx

Install the Quattro Pro 5.0 converter
    To install the converter for Quattro Pro versions 1.0 through 5.0 for Windows, do the following:

Click Start on the Windows taskbar, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
    Click the name of the Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Excel 2000 program that you have, and then click Add/Remove.
    Click Add or Remove Features, and locate the Quattro Pro 5.0 Converter under Microsoft Excel for Windows.
    Click Run From My Computer to install the converter to your hard disk.
    Click Update Now.
    Open a Quattro Pro file
    To open a Quattro Pro file in Excel, follow these steps:

Click Open on the File menu.
    In the Look in list, click the drive or folder that contains the file you want to open, and then locate the folder that contains the file.
    In the Files of type list, click Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) if your files are from Quattro Pro for Windows versions 1.0 through 5.0, or click Quattro Pro/DOS Files (*.wq1). The former requires installation of the converter, as outlined above, before it appears in the list.
    Double-click the file you want to open.
    Notes

You cannot save files in the Quattro Pro 1.0/5.0 (Win) (*.wb1) format. If you open one of these files and make changes to it, you can save changes by saving as a Microsoft Excel Workbook (*.xls) or in another spreadsheet format.
    You can save changes in the Quattro Pro/DOS format, but changes made using features that are unique to Excel may be lost.

or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052538431033.aspx

You can open a file created in another program, such as Lotus 1-2-3 or Quattro Pro, in Microsoft Excel the same way you would open an Excel file. You can then save the file in its original file format or as an Excel workbook using the standard Excel save commands. Files saved as Excel workbooks might not retain all of their original formatting, and features and formatting of an Excel workbook might not be available in other programs.

Lazzer408, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro

1. Pdf files from intranet opens very slow in windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - Pdf files intranet

2. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  3. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop: All of a sudden, I am experiencing extremely slow opening of all files whether opened from file explorer or the desktop. When I open any type of file from file explorer or desktop, I get a spinning wheel for about 50 seconds before even the program splash screen e.g. Word...
  4. All files very slow to open from file explorer or desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opening files from search results is very slow

Opening files from search results is very slow: We have lots of .jpg files saved across multiple network shares. One of our users will typically search for a particular .jpg and open it from the search results window.Recently, when opening directly from the search results window the picture viewer opens with a blank black...
  6. Windows 10 laptop is very slow to print pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 laptop is very slow to print pdf: I am running Windows 10, version 20H2 and am up-to-date on all Windows updates. When I print a one-page PDF it takes 4 minutes to print the document. Same 4 minute delay when I print a "copy" from a usb-attached Canon scanner. This seems to have started within the last...
  7. Opening audio files is very slow

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening audio files is very slow: Hi all, I've been facing this issue for the last year or so. I've been able to solve it once and now it came back. I'm running Windows 10 on Ryzen 3700x and Samsung SSD. All audio files which i'm trying to open is either not responding or takes at least a minute to open on...
  8. Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very slow intranet file transfer on win10, fine on win7 (same machine): Hey, i have been searching all over the web on how to solve this, which is simply ridiculous, when transfering a file between two windows 7 pcs using LAN (i'm using exacly the same machine models, the X510UAR, running with dual boot) the transfer speed is around 10-12 mega...
  9. Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed

Extremely slow intranet file transfer speed: Windows 10 Pro Build: 1709 OS Build: 16299.309 I have three pc's on my home network. One had windows 10 from the factory the other two were Win 7 and 8.1 and all were experiencing 70-90MB/sec file transfer speeds. My internet was and still is 60MB/sec. After upgrading to...
  10. Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files

Very, very, very, slow to open network share with many files: I have a Win10 PC on my network with some shared directories, the "server". The share I use most has 23,000 files in 600 folders. When I access that share from a Win 7 PC it opens pretty much instantly, but to open it from my Win 10 PC takes for ever. The green progress bar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. opening pdf from network drive slow windows 10

2. opening pdf from network shared folder takes alot of time