Windows 10: PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update

Discus and support PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; All my pdf's seems lost, same with office documents. Neither programs would open. After" Restore from a system restore point" , Office works, but PDF... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sjuren, Jun 10, 2020.

1. sjuren Win User

PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update

All my pdf's seems lost, same with office documents.
    Neither programs would open.

After" Restore from a system restore point" , Office works, but PDF is still down.

Needless to say, this is a problem

:)

sjuren, Jun 10, 2020
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Missing PDF Files

I just completed a routine Windows 10 update and now all of my PDF files are missing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nick Zubel, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. PDF files missing after most Recent Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - PDF files missing

2. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  3. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  4. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  6. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  7. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  9. Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files deleted after the most recent Windows 10 update: Windows 10 did an automatic update after my last shutdown. When I turned the computer back on I discovered that the desktop had changed, apps I used were gone, downloads are gone, and a very significant amount of documents (days of work) are gone. It looks as if I did a total...
  10. lost files after most recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost files after most recent Windows 10 update: have lost two personal files with most recent Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files-after-most-recent-windows-10-update/c4b0138b-63c6-463f-b435-4c12035e1a67"