Windows 10: pdf files opening

Discus and support pdf files opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeteSoty, Feb 6, 2020.

1. PeteSoty Win User

pdf files opening

When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be able to just read pdf files? Thank you.

:)

PeteSoty, Feb 6, 2020

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 6, 2020
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Manku41 Win User

pdf files opening

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

pdf files opening

1. pdf files opening - Similar Threads - pdf files opening

2. File Manager not Opening PDF's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Manager not Opening PDF's: Wen looking for a file, I clicked on a PDF and in the Preview Screen, it says: File cannot be previewed because of an error in the PDF Preview Handler.Should I find another copy of File Manager and try that? Can I download one from MS?...
  3. File Manager not Opening PDF's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager not Opening PDF's: Wen looking for a file, I clicked on a PDF and in the Preview Screen, it says: File cannot be previewed because of an error in the PDF Preview Handler.Should I find another copy of File Manager and try that? Can I download one from MS?...
  4. Unable to open PDF file

Unable to open PDF file: The income tax people need something from my last year's income tax filing and they are getting nasty about it. I filed online and kept a copy in Documents; a PDF file. I can't open it now; it keeps telling me "Something went wrong". Does anyone know how to get a PDF file...
  5. Can't open PDF files

Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  6. .PDF File Won't open

.PDF File Won't open: No matter if I double click, right click "open with" the HOW DO YOU WANT TO OPEN THIS FILE pops up and no matter what program I choose it pops right back up after about 2 sec without the file opening. I can open PDF files from inside an application such as Adobe Reader...
  7. PDF FILES NOT OPENING

PDF FILES NOT OPENING: HI, J HAVE WINDOWS10. PREVIOUSLY ALL WAS OK SINCE LAST 4 DAYS PDF FILES ARE NOT OPENING, IN ANY SOFTWARE IT IS OLY OPINING IN MICORSOFT ADGE ON DESKTOP OR IN SOFTWARE PDF FILES IS NOT OPEN I HAVE UNINSTALLED ACROBATE REDER DC AND REINSTALLED, PROBLEMS NOT SOLVE...
  8. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  9. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03
  10. Cannot Open PDF Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Open PDF Files: I am unable to open PDF files that are sent to be via e.mail. This is frustrating as they are important documents that I need. Can anyone help me please. Thank you in advance. 65794